Pattern Reviews> Revisions> 107 (Peony)

Reviewed by:Londa Rohlfing

About Londa Rohlfingstar
Member since: 11/30/03
Posted on:3/31/04 8:47 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
minerva said... (10/7/04 7:35 PM) Reply
I would be happier to have more comments on the fitting and actual sewing than about design
Londa Rohlfing said... (4/2/04 6:55 AM) Reply
Kathi s. I agree with Ann C., but just be sure to keep these 3 things going: 1. Verticals, verticals, verticals. This vest is a good example 2. "art" near you face - that is where you want to 'draw' people's attention 3. Uneven proportions - never divide yourself in half, but 1/3 - 2/3.
Ann C said... (4/1/04 8:51 AM) Reply
Kathi S., I'm not Londa, but I will advise you anyway. I watch a certain designer sometimes on a certain TV shopping channel. She say, "If you can't lose it, decorate it!" I see plus sizes in her highly embellished designs and they look nice. Londa, what can I say, another wonderful garment! :)
kathi s said... (4/1/04 8:20 AM) Reply
Gosh, real wearable art! Great looking pattern and beautiful fabric. I'm a little scared of such strong designs on my 5'4", stocky frame. What is your opinion?
Londa Rohlfing said... (4/1/04 6:46 AM) Reply
LInda L. I would agree - they run large. Buy though, even for the ideas. Worth fiddling with to get fit.
Danvillegirl said... (4/1/04 5:52 AM) Reply
Very nice. What is your opinion about these patterns and the fit for petites. I hear they run large and would require a lot of grading for petite or short people.
Linda E. said... (3/31/04 6:11 PM) Reply
very nice vest you did a beautiful job on this..

Vogue Patterns 1164 OOP