Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Peony & Poppy Vest (Poppy Vest)

Reviewed by:Londa Rohlfing

About Londa Rohlfingstar
Member since: 11/30/03
Posted on:3/31/04 8:56 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests
Leslie Bonner said... (6/15/04 9:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful vest - I made the other vest in this pattern which is much more conservative. However, after seeing yours, I want to try it. I will make the angle less obvious, the front longer and the back shorter. I made the Cascade dress once out of a beautiful sheer wool and wore it to a major function. Not one person commented (which is bad because everyone knows I sew and are usually very effusive in their remarks) and I felt uncomfortable in it. I never wore it again. I love SW patterns in general but veer towards a less dramatic look in my everyday wear.
busy91 said... (4/20/04 2:21 PM) Reply
It looks too advanced for me, perhaps some day, but your version is very nice.
Londa Rohlfing said... (4/2/04 6:56 AM) Reply
Kathi S - I have to agree - not for a short person. I use the Purrfection/PawPrints Pelle Paints.
Ann C said... (4/1/04 8:47 AM) Reply
Londa, wonderful work as always. As for the "too fashion forward for central Illinois" part, I know what you mean, believe me. Well . . . let's work on that!
kathi s said... (4/1/04 8:16 AM) Reply
I love this pattern, but it may not be right for my short stature. The stencils are wonderful. What sort of paint did you use?
Danvillegirl said... (4/1/04 5:54 AM) Reply
Stencil work is really lovely! Looks good
SJB said... (3/31/04 8:15 PM) Reply
I would never have considered sewing this pattern (tho I love Sewing Workshop) based on their drawings. I'm reconsidering. You've done an extremely sophisticated version and if I lived in central Illinois I'd wear it with pride!
retiredpagirl said... (3/31/04 7:53 PM) Reply
Beautiful vest! If it's "too fashion forward" for you, I'll be glad to take it off your hands! :) LOL I, too, love their patterns.
Debbie Cook said... (3/31/04 9:31 AM) Reply
I like the use of the stencils to coordinate the colors from the back section.
Liana said... (3/31/04 9:07 AM) Reply
Very nice, Londa. The stencils are so neat with this. This pattern is intriguing me more and more!

by: GeoP