Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> PMB3 (Draped Neck w/Shirred Sleeves)

Reviewed by:MaryBeth

About MaryBethstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 1/1/03
Posted on:3/31/04 11:45 AM
Last Updated:3/31/04 12:04 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
sewtea said... (8/26/05 6:22 PM) Reply
I love it. Very flattering and glad you said not terribly hard to make!
MaryBeth said... (4/1/04 11:39 PM) Reply
lisa m: the front neck depth is set to 5", back neck .375", and neck width is 1.75". I will make a cowl stay next time I do this style as I wish this drape-y stuff would stay put! Claire Shaeffer gives directions on pp 134-5 in High Fashion Sewing Secrets. Jorge, my bodybuilder hairdresser gets to do what he wants with my hair and I think he's hit on something with this last try, esp since I'll be 54 this Aug. Gulp! Hope Jorge stays in great shape, no I mean health. :)
lisa m said... (4/1/04 10:28 PM) Reply
I love your hair. You look about 30. What neckline settings did you use? Ha, I'll die if you say you are only 25.
SouthernStitch said... (3/31/04 9:29 PM) Reply
Love the new 'do"! Silk knit is a lovely fabric, and you did a great job on it. Coordinates nicely with that EOS skirt too!
Danvillegirl said... (3/31/04 8:56 PM) Reply
Another nice top from PMB3. I truly like all the options with the program. You are making great headway with trying so many.
Jules/Vancouver BC said... (3/31/04 8:43 PM) Reply
very nice - trendy AND comfy looking silk knit? sounds heavenly...hmmm...wonder if Dharma Trading will be getting any?
MaryBeth said... (3/31/04 5:05 PM) Reply
Gee, thanks for the compliments! I bought the silk knits from fashionfabricsclub.com around the same time that the yahoo group FabricsandNotions also ordred silk knits. The fashion fabrics club's knits are thinner and finer gauge than what the yahoo group purchased but I like them both.
CatherineN said... (3/31/04 2:32 PM) Reply
Like your hairdo! The top is elegant and pretty on you.You are getting good use of your pattern software.
Dale C said... (3/31/04 1:44 PM) Reply
Nice top Mary Beth! Do tell, where did you get the silk knit? I'd like to get some too.
AnneM said... (3/31/04 1:35 PM) Reply
I volunteer to take any silk knits off your hands. ;) Very nice, very current. Have you tried the sulky wash-away stabalizer? I'm wondering how it is.
cindyann said... (3/31/04 1:34 PM) Reply
Very pretty. That color is wonderful on you. Where did you find the silk knit?
clare said... (3/31/04 11:56 AM) Reply
Lovely colour... I love the sleeve details

by: Kemish