Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5454 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:kristinlala

About kristinlalastar
TX USA
Member since: 7/21/09
Posted on:3/27/10 3:13 PM
Last Updated:3/27/10 3:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
fattyboomboom said... (4/22/10 5:44 PM) Reply
That fabric is stunning and very well sewn!
sewinfrance said... (4/1/10 3:56 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful on you. pattern matching isn't easy, but you were right to go more for colour matching on the sleeves, it would have been difficult with your print. With the skirt it is more important to match the pattern. You did a great job.
CynthiaSue said... (3/31/10 9:53 PM) Reply
stunning! wow you are 5'10? I will follow your stuff. I'm almost 5'9 and have to make tall alterations all the time.
Blooms said... (3/30/10 7:11 AM) Reply
That is a fabulous dress. I love the fabric too. I have just bought this pattern, as I liked it better than the famous Vogue 8379, and I am delighted to see that it looks so good on you. I hope it works out so well for me.
SheTee said... (3/29/10 10:31 AM) Reply
Wow, just fantastic! You did such a great job using the border print, and it's incredibly flattering on you. Wonderful!
Sew tell me said... (3/28/10 8:17 PM) Reply
Very pretty.
busymomof3 said... (3/28/10 2:17 PM) Reply
Your dress turned out beautiful!! It looks great on. I've got to try sewing with knits!!
becca a said... (3/28/10 10:42 AM) Reply
Great dress! I love your use of the border print.
AuntieShel said... (3/28/10 10:06 AM) Reply
Oooh, this is beautiful!!!
kerrynw said... (3/28/10 8:52 AM) Reply
I Love your dress, especially your print placement, wonderful result!
CreativeDiva said... (3/28/10 8:49 AM) Reply
Very nice. Love the way you manipulated the fabric.
Danvillegirl said... (3/28/10 8:06 AM) Reply
Pretty dress, lovely fabric
kristinlala said... (3/27/10 11:39 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! As far at the ITY- I used narrow zig zag on the inside hems and that was no problem...it was the double stitching that was hard..sometimes they were wobbly. I finally fixed that, etc, but after I had taken out those stitches I think the material was a little stretched (neckline and down the front of the wraps) I think using hem tape/facing stuff is the way to go with the ITY for me next time!!! :)
Heidi Ho said... (3/27/10 11:25 PM) Reply
Great looking dress. I ove the print! Funny though I like working with ITY a lot. Maybe it depends on your sewing machine??
julie w said... (3/27/10 8:39 PM) Reply
The effort you put into pattern matching really paid off, your dress is just gorgeous!
Christas said... (3/27/10 7:49 PM) Reply
Oooooh, love the print for your dress. It looks so nice on you!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (3/27/10 6:14 PM) Reply
Lovely dress!
newmama said... (3/27/10 5:20 PM) Reply
Looks great! I really like how the colors ended up--they look very balanced and interesting! And I didn't realize you were so tall :)
zazzie said... (3/27/10 4:33 PM) Reply
That's a great pattern (and nice pattern placement), and you definitely have the shape and height to pull it off !
Patti B said... (3/27/10 4:26 PM) Reply
Lovely dress. I like your pattern placement. I wonder if using spray starch or Sew Perfect on the seam areas would make it any easier to sew?
kidmd said... (3/27/10 4:22 PM) Reply
Yay!! This turned out so well!! It looks great on you. Nice work!
AquariJenn said... (3/27/10 3:54 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
Heatherrique said... (3/27/10 3:47 PM) Reply
Such a delightfully gorgeous dress! That's it, you and Zazzie convinced me to GET this pattern!
homejewel said... (3/27/10 3:33 PM) Reply
Ok, I see that "edit comment" now means you get an extra post. Sorry about that!
homejewel said... (3/27/10 3:32 PM) Reply
Your dress is so cute. I love the border print and it's funny that we both chose the same word in all caps "PAIN" in working with ITY fabric (in my recent review). Great dress on you!

Understanding Sheer Fabrics