Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5221

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:3/28/10 2:13 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Athene said... (4/22/11 4:18 PM) Reply
Very good looking pants - your results are always so good.
MNBarb said... (4/18/10 10:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful job! I am looking for a pattern that will work for some linen I ordered. I'm just not sure if I'm up for this much altering/fine tuning. You have achieved the perfect fit for you.
Sherril Miller said... (4/10/10 6:40 AM) Reply
Nobody works a wide-legged pair of pants better than you. I sure wish I was taller because I envy your style. These pants look fantastic on you.
CathrynR said... (3/30/10 6:05 PM) Reply
Nice pants. Thanks for reviewing.
RLL said... (3/29/10 2:42 PM) Reply
Do those pants make your butt look great? Oh hell yea! Wonderful review as usual.
Terri A said... (3/29/10 12:33 PM) Reply
You did a perfect job on these pants and this review:-)
cmarie12 said... (3/29/10 11:54 AM) Reply
I have to remember the cotton batiste underlining. What a wonderful tip...I've used rayon bemberg to do this but this seems like it would be even more comfortable. Glad you finally got a pair that you like from the three you made!
carolynw said... (3/29/10 10:13 AM) Reply
Looks TERRIFIC on you - funny how the weight (drape) of afabric can make such a difference. Great review as always
marjenann said... (3/29/10 7:59 AM) Reply
Patience, skill, and perseverance, no wonder those pants fit like a glove and look so terrific on you!!!
sewnsewtoo said... (3/29/10 1:17 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for the review. Your pants are beautiful and the fit can't be beat.
sewnsewtoo said... (3/29/10 1:17 AM) Reply
becca a said... (3/28/10 8:52 PM) Reply
Wonderful pants! They are quite flattering, and look so comfy, too.
DaisyEsq said... (3/28/10 8:18 PM) Reply
Who would have thought that washers worked as weights--why you of course! It's such a fantastic idea. I love the pants.
Sweetiebop said... (3/28/10 7:36 PM) Reply
Hey LadyBug, Once again a great review and I love the color of the pants too.
Riesie said... (3/28/10 6:39 PM) Reply
That is the best fitting pants back I've seen on these boards in a long time. All our tushies should look so nice in the pants we make, LOL!!
Christas said... (3/28/10 6:17 PM) Reply
You manage to turn your reviews into wonderful tutorials. I love the washer idea for the pant's hems. You did a beautiful job on ALL THREE pairs! I do love the last pair the best. GORGEOUSIMO!!! Everything looks all nice and neat on the insides too, of course!
Mermie said... (3/28/10 5:01 PM) Reply
Great looking pants. They look great on you. As usual, your review is excellent.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/28/10 4:49 PM) Reply
Annette, do they EVER fit nice!! Bravissimo!! (So THAT's where my cutting board washers went ;) )
Catbird said... (3/28/10 3:40 PM) Reply
This just makes me wish I could wear this style of pant with the same aplomb as you do. I love the way they look! The fit is PERFECT, the mock fly is PERFECT, and the way they hang is so flattering and slimming. The little washers at the hem are a great idea! I love your reviews. These pants are excellent.
Karendee said... (3/28/10 3:04 PM) Reply
Annette, Thanks so much for the wonderful review with all that excellent information. After reading your reviews, I always feel as if I could beautifully make any pattern successfully. BTW, all three pr. of pants and wonderful, but of course I like the taupe linen ones best (the last pr.) You have really mastered the fit of these pants and you look so trim and neat in each pair. At least you'll have 3 sharp pair of new pants to wear this week. Wonderful, wonderful looking pants.
o3b said... (3/28/10 2:53 PM) Reply
You can take even a most basic pattern and provide so much helpful information in a review! Thanks for the idea for the cotton batiste underlining. I am going to do that on my next linen pair of pants. I hope your gray striped linen pants soften up.

Indygo Junction IJ874