Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8637 (Marcy Tilton Skirt And Pants)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:3/30/10 0:16 AM

See other patterns in this category: Pants    Skirts
Karendee said... (5/31/10 1:18 PM) Reply
What I see in these pics and review is a smartly dressed woman in very lovely, trendy-looking pants. I for one appreciate how elegant and "boutique looking" you always come across, with varying styles to suit all body types. You, and this pair of pants, are both winners, IMO.
taylormade said... (4/8/10 8:53 AM) Reply
Hi Ann, I made the other pants from this pattern using Marcy's "perfect" fabric in black and I love them also for the funkiness, etc. You look great in these pants, and I am now tempted to try this view. You always look fabulous in your clothes!
TJSEWS said... (3/31/10 8:55 PM) Reply
I am short and believe the pants are too big for me to pull off but I am glad that you are happy with them! However, I do have the top pattern and I love what you did with the edges. How clever! And stylish and edgy! The pictures on the top's pattern envelope does not look like the edges are raw. I realized the edges were raw when I read the instructions. I was going to put this pattern aside but you have changed my mind.
rachel5000 said... (3/31/10 2:54 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I was planning on making these but after seeing yours I've decided against it. While your sewing is fine, I don't like how it makes you look shorter and dumpy. I'm short as well and I think I need a pant that's not so full.
marjenann said... (3/30/10 6:07 PM) Reply
As always, Ann, a truly fashion forward look. Thanks for always inspiring us with you great taste and fashion sense!
Winifred said... (3/30/10 5:31 PM) Reply
A lovely trio of garments Ann and beautifully crafted as usual. You have been very busy since getting home from ~Expo ! It was so great to meet you. I have to say the unusual designs are what I go for too altho' I never seem to get round to reviewing them ! A long while ago when in my 20's I bought all the Vogue Originals I could lay hands on - I wish I'd kept them now . Have quite fallen in love with Sewing Workshop and Marcy Tilton however !
marec said... (3/30/10 3:23 PM) Reply
Thanks Ann, I'll make a muslin and try your method. I like a loose pant but some of my attempts have been *quite* loose :-)
Ann Smith said... (3/30/10 2:32 PM) Reply
Marec, the smaller size crotch line is higher on the pattern. I just cut along the size 8 crotch line out to the inner leg seam. The side seams are cut to the large size.
marec said... (3/30/10 12:46 PM) Reply
What a wonderful style!! I am so happy to see these reviewed by you as I have this pattern set aside for a summer pant. The pants, and the MT top, look wonderful on you. May I ask how you cut a size 8 crotch and a differnet size elsewhere? Do you just blend the tracing line from crotch to leg? Again, nice pants.
Auntie Allyn said... (3/30/10 8:10 AM) Reply
Would love to see your review of the skirt . . . I just cut it out and started sewing it last night! Love the pants!
Rebecca D said... (3/30/10 6:54 AM) Reply
What a cool pair of pants. Perfect for your funky vibe.
Ripple Dandelion said... (3/30/10 6:35 AM) Reply
As usual, the garments are gorgeous, but it's the way that you wear them that really makes them special! Love the wavy edge--I must try that.
DorothyK said... (3/30/10 1:09 AM) Reply
I love these pants and the top with them. Very similar to another MT pattern, but different enough to make it worth while.
Barbara V said... (3/30/10 0:57 AM) Reply
A terrific basic black pants and top outfit; but absolutely nothing basic about the two fabulous patterns creating your unique and wonderful style. Nice work and I really like your wavy raw edges on the top. I want to make this top too.

by: yummymummy...