Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6354 (Easy 2 hour)

Reviewed by:ReneeO

About ReneeO
Member since: 10/20/03

Posted on:4/2/04 3:17 PM
Last Updated:4/3/04 11:35 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants    Skirts

SewCuteAZ said... (9/15/07 10:57 AM) Reply
Did you run iinto a bulk issue with the seams at the yoke that were supposed to be pressed up ???
SewCuteAZ said... (9/15/07 10:56 AM) Reply
laineypoz said... (7/6/07 5:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for your experience on the pattern adjustment. This will help me quite a bit!
lonesomedove said... (8/2/04 9:07 PM) Reply
Hi Renee, I'm a beginner too and you've given me the inspiration to give this pattern a try! Lovely picture!
Hilary said... (4/3/04 11:51 AM) Reply
These look really nice, Renee! I like the red ribbon you chose. They look like they fit very well, its hard to believe you're a beginner :o)
ReneeO said... (4/3/04 11:45 AM) Reply
I finally added the pic! I added one of a closer view at the end of the review as well. Sorry 'bout the tummy shot, I couldn't see that in the small camera screen. lol Thank you for the comments, I am glad you found it helpful. About the 1/4 in. issue, I have started doing double zig zag at 1/4 and trimming any time the fabric allows. I guess I am a bit clumsy with an iron. The pics aren't the most flattering but dh is an electrician not a photographer :)
LBJ said... (4/3/04 10:42 AM) Reply
Very helpful review, thankyou. I can't wait to see the picture. How I deal with pressing up 1/4'' and not get burned is I turn the steam off, press, move my fingers then shoot the steam. No more burns!
drsue said... (4/2/04 6:32 PM) Reply
That seems like a great pattern. I think I'd be nice in a soft interlock as well. Keep on sewing! Post a pictrue when you can.
Hilary said... (4/2/04 5:02 PM) Reply
Renee, I'm so glad you reviewed this pattern! Its a recent addition to my collection and I was wondering if it would work out for me-I am also slightly over the size 16 measurements, but I thought I might be able to adjust it to work. I can't wait to see the pic! Great review, congratulations on your first!
AnneM said... (4/2/04 4:39 PM) Reply
Good for you to make those adjustments! Congrats on your pants; I look forward to the picture. I've been sewing for 2 years now, and I am just making my first pair of pants. Somehow it never got fit in before. For pressing the seams, do you use that litle metal seam measurer w/ the sliding tab? I use that to hold the fabric, so my fingers stay further away from the iron.

by: SewWil