Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 06-2009-23

Posted on:3/30/10 6:07 PM
Last Updated:4/1/10 6:03 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

callmeRuth said... (4/11/10 11:33 PM) Reply
Both dresses are to die for beautiful! Just what reaction did you get when the girls worn them on Easter Sunday? Christa, your sewing is phenomenal.
carolynw said... (4/3/10 10:24 AM) Reply
Absolutely adorable - both the dress and the girls!!
JoanneM said... (4/2/10 8:39 PM) Reply
This is a gorgeous outfit, but I am blinded by the cherubic child. Both are lovely!
Annette1 said... (4/2/10 6:23 PM) Reply
I MISSED the update to include Miss Claire's dress! She and Margaret Anne will be pretty as a picture on Easter in their coordinating outfits. Now I can't wait to see Jenna's, too!
ryansmumAria said... (4/1/10 11:39 PM) Reply
so sweet!
okie2thdoc said... (4/1/10 9:18 PM) Reply
Such a cute outfit for such a happy little girl!
MamaSewing said... (4/1/10 9:05 PM) Reply
They are both so perfect!
Barbara V said... (4/1/10 8:26 PM) Reply
Claire is adorable looking in her matching dress - you have done a beautiful job on both of these dresses and just looking at them puts a big smile on my face. Happy Easter!
AnneMarie60 said... (4/1/10 7:59 PM) Reply
Clarie's dress is a winner, too! Love the eyelet ruffle--so sweet. Claire is as cute as can be. Happy Easter to your wonderful family!
kidmd said... (4/1/10 7:49 PM) Reply
Oh so cute!!!
annie11 said... (4/1/10 6:07 PM) Reply
Both your daughters look absolutely lovely in their custom designed dresses!. Great job, Mom! (Both on the lovely daughters, and the lovely dresses!)
EveS said... (3/31/10 11:31 PM) Reply
That HAS to be the sweetest dress ever, Christa!! MA can really pick the vintage fabric! And yes, my first thought was, "Mini Christa!" when I saw the thumbnail. I see I wasn't alone. ;)
racehorse said... (3/31/10 11:22 PM) Reply
I saw the thumbnail photo, and I thought, "that girl looks just like Christas!" and it turns out I was right! Adorable dress and she looks very happy with it.
pwellock said... (3/31/10 8:54 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress..beautiful daughter. What a lovely Easter dress. Great job.
RLL said... (3/31/10 3:40 PM) Reply
She undoubtedly will be the best dressed young lady around on Easter morning. Spectacular job mom!
Catbird said... (3/31/10 9:52 AM) Reply
What a perfect Easter dress! Your work on it is impeccable. I love the fabric combination, and really love that part of it is vintage fabric from the family. That makes it even more special. Great shoes, too! Margaret Anne is really developing a keen eye for pattern, color and design. She looks so pretty in this (she IS a mini-Christa!), and I can't wait to see your next collaboration with her!
HeyJane said... (3/31/10 8:15 AM) Reply
What a pretty dress. Love the sleeves, and the bow and zipper look so perfect. Yay for spring and spring dresses!
Kay Romo said... (3/31/10 8:03 AM) Reply
Too cute for words! Have a blessed Easter.
eugenia123 said... (3/31/10 7:17 AM) Reply
Margaret Ann looks so cute and happy in that wonderful dress. I love those ruffled tiers and the gorgeous bow! A perfect Easter dress.
janet said... (3/31/10 1:23 AM) Reply
Margaret Ann looks like a "doll baby". Her look is from one of the FINEST stores! The sewing is perfection. She is blessed to have such a wonderful MOMMY!
zazzie said... (3/30/10 10:09 PM) Reply
Oh, a mini-Christas ! That's lovely. It reminds me how lucky I was to have a mommy that sew clothes for me when I was her age. I am sure she is proud to wear "exclusive" and custom-made fashion !
Annette1 said... (3/30/10 9:57 PM) Reply
AND I forgot to add that the little RED Mary Jane's are the PERFECT compliment to the dress! ("Compliment" or "complement," I'm not sure.)
Annette1 said... (3/30/10 9:55 PM) Reply
Lucky little Margaret Anne, to have this delightful dress (of her own design, no less) for Easter! I LOVE the combination of the three fabrics, and I thnk the SLEEVES are my FAVORITE. :o) These are such CUTE pictures of Margaret Anne, too. :o)
Barbara V said... (3/30/10 9:06 PM) Reply
What a sweet sweet dress and Margaret Anne wears it so well and looks great in it! That the fabric has such a wonderful history makes this dress priceless. Lovely work as always.
ClaireEmily said... (3/30/10 8:34 PM) Reply
Your daughter looks gorgeous and very happy! Love the dress =)
AnneMarie60 said... (3/30/10 8:00 PM) Reply
When I saw the photo of this adorable dress, I recognized the bodice fabric, and it brought tears to my eyes. My late mother made a top for me from this same fabric in the late 1970s. Margaret Anne paired a perfect selection of fabrics for her gorgeous dress! Christa, your attention to detail is evident, as this dress is beautifully made!
Karendee said... (3/30/10 6:47 PM) Reply
This precious dress is just amazing! The color/pattern combo, the cute bow, the flippy ruffles, the cute sleeves, and the prettiest "young lady" ready for Easter Sunday. You have done a wonderful job on the dress and Margaret Anne's creativity is shining through the choices.
Peggy L said... (3/30/10 6:23 PM) Reply
This is so cute!! I love that the strawberry fabric has a "history". Margaret Ann looks very happy with her new dress.

by: SewLuva

BurdaStyle Magazine 12-2007-114

by: Akino

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Towne Purse Paper Pattern