Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8559 ( Marcy Tilton)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:4/5/10 11:31 PM
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket

Other Projects by Ann Smith using this Pattern

JillyBe said... (9/4/10 4:01 AM) Reply
I absolutely LOVE the vision you had, the changes you made, and the fabric(s) you used! I just got this pattern, and you've definitely inspired me!
Ann Smith said... (5/14/10 12:05 PM) Reply
Susan, my fabric has no stretch but it works because I left off the sleeves. If you want to adapt the pattern for a woven with the sleeves you would probably need to go up a size or two or add some extra ease across the upper back and sleeve for comfort. Thanks for the compliment!
Susan Chesney said... (5/13/10 2:02 PM) Reply
This jacket is beautiful. I'm curious about the fabric. Does it have any stretch? Cross wise stretch? The pattern calls for a knit, I think.
DorothyK said... (4/7/10 6:31 PM) Reply
This vest is fantastic, as are the other versions. It's a great use of the fabric. I love the way you finished the edges with the ribbon. Very clever.
Winifred said... (4/7/10 6:15 PM) Reply
Ann, I'm thrilled to see this made up as I was there at Puyallup when you bought it Yay !! My PC has brought the fabric up much too light so if anyone else has found that , the fabric is almost black Ann? And the colours are so vibrant. I love this on you - you are one clever lady !!
CynthiaSue said... (4/7/10 0:03 AM) Reply
How darling and fun! Awesome, tasteful stylish fabric as always!
milwaukee_kelly said... (4/6/10 9:07 PM) Reply
I really enjoy seeing what you make Ann. It's always an inspiration.
Christas said... (4/6/10 4:15 PM) Reply
Wow! So pretty on you ..... super stylish!
Barbara V said... (4/6/10 11:39 AM) Reply
Well, this is "double drool" creation! I drooled over this gorgeous fabric when you bought it and drooled over the vest when I saw you first wear it. It turned out beautifully especially your artistic use of interesting selvage edge. I really like your lacy knit vest too!
sewtime said... (4/6/10 10:02 AM) Reply
Very pretty, love the fabric!!
Patti B said... (4/6/10 9:39 AM) Reply
No wonder you bought this fabulous fabric! This is a perfect pattern for it too and, as usual, looks great on you. Keep sewing and inspiring us!
Jane S said... (4/6/10 9:18 AM) Reply
As always, Ann, you are chic and stylish in each new garment. Love how you took advantage of the fabric drape and colors.
AnneMarie60 said... (4/6/10 8:48 AM) Reply
Special fabrics made into stunning garments! I adore how you stylishly accessorize your ensembles. Excellent review.
beth5646 said... (4/6/10 2:20 AM) Reply
I always love to read your reviews. I would like to have a few days just to spend in your closets. Once again you have made more beautiful garments and put your own special spin on them. Thanks for the very helpful review. You are an inspiration to me.
Athene said... (4/5/10 11:56 PM) Reply
All your versions are lovely. I find the ribbon fabric and the lacey brown fabric both very interesting and pretty.

Sewing Workshop Now & Zen Shirts Pattern