Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6917

Reviewed by:mrsgabriel01

About mrsgabriel01
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:4/3/10 1:43 PM
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

DesignsByDenise said... (7/18/10 2:16 PM) Reply
I've made the skirt twice, you might want to check out the new reviews. You can do that by typing the pattern number in the search box from the "home page". The reviews should show up below the pattern picture. Hopefully I've addressed some of your issues in my reviews. I had some trouble with the waistband too, but kind of the opposite body structure - my daughter doesn't have much of a waist at all. If you want to communicate privately I'd be happy to try and help. Perhaps we can even rescue this one so you can wear it to work as you intended!
Vintage Joan said... (4/7/10 2:17 PM) Reply
If you're interested in getting some tips and advice (might help for next time!), you might want to post a topic on the message boards in the "Fitting Woes" category. Posting a few pictures there would help, too. There are many people here who can help -- not the same as having your mum around :( , but still helpful. Good luck! :) :)
jgmafpw said... (4/6/10 9:27 AM) Reply
Hey mrsgabriel01, don't be discouraged, we all have these results sometimes, and although it's nice when we are pleased with our garment, sometimes the process is the reward. I am looking forward to your next review.
fryman said... (4/4/10 7:15 PM) Reply
If you have the opportunity to take a sewing class, I suggest you do as a LOT has changed in 10 years - thread, sewing needles, construction and body types. It is important to measure the pattern piece , regardless of what is stated on the envelope. Keep trying and good luck.

Islander Sewing Systems EZ Cape Digital Pattern