Brother
Brother

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1016 (Guy Laroche Designer Gown)

Reviewed by:noodlesew

Last Updated:5/1/10 6:05 AM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite
Review Rating:
Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear

Swim Style Patterns

Swimwear Gymwear Patterns

Nancy Rhodes said... (5/1/10 8:58 AM) Reply
Could you meld the skirt portion on to a better suited bodice pattern of your liking? the drape of the back is pretty nifty! Thank for the informative review... neat design, fun to see a real person tackle such an involved project and so sad it is not working for you at this moment... Maybe someone here on PR will post the perfect solution... I have my fingers crossed for you.
noodlesew said... (4/6/10 4:12 AM) Reply
I'm not sure of the best approach to make the upper bodice work for me. So much drama for my Easter weekend project! Not only are the bust points too close to the neckline, at 23 cm apart, they are too wide as well. Maybe I should do something with ruffle like the pink dress in Vogue V8288 or a chiffon cover like Butterick B5182. I'll investigate the underbodice idea as well. I don't look like a model, but with good sewing skills and selecting the right pattern, we can feel like the model on the envelope :)
petro said... (4/5/10 9:49 AM) Reply
Sorry you're having problems - its a lovely dress. Have you thought about making an underbodice with channelled boning and a back fastening so you're not dependent on the bra fit?
Lynn67 said... (4/5/10 8:13 AM) Reply
Oops - found the pics - sorry. It looks like it would be very elegant, but not for my figure either!
Lynn67 said... (4/5/10 8:10 AM) Reply
Thanks for the really helpful review. Any chance we could get a pic? I wondered what a "peanut look" was, and whether this would work on my figure or not (flat bony chest with large hips). Sorry you put all that work into it!
whirrclunk said... (4/4/10 4:13 PM) Reply
I'm sorry that this dress didn't work out, looks so promising... Maybe you'll get some ideas with time on how to fix it. Thank you for the really clear review.
Re Becca said... (4/4/10 10:12 AM) Reply
Wow, sounds like you have a lot of work into this (not to mention fabric) and it didn't work out. I am sorry about the neckline, I would have that problem too. Maybe someone here might have suggestions so all that doesn't go to waste.

More Knits