Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 04-2008-28 (Guitar Jeans)

Reviewed by:21wale

About 21walestarstarstar
MN United States
Member since: 6/25/08
Posted on:4/5/10 5:24 PM

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

skae said... (6/23/10 7:32 PM) Reply
very nice jeans. I sewed jeans for my son all the time when he was little . come to think of it i still sew him jeans for christmas. I used kwick sew. they had slim jean patterns at that time.
21wale said... (4/6/10 3:21 PM) Reply
mhk3boys - For me, it's worth it because altering ready made is almost as time consuming as making a pair from scratch. Also, since I can buy denim for $4 a yard give or take, it's definitely cheaper. Jeans are no more time consuming than other pants, but it's hard to say how much time it takes since I sew in small increments - maybe around 4 hours?
21wale said... (4/6/10 3:20 PM) Reply
mhk3boys - For me, it's worth it because altering ready made is almost as time consuming as making a pair from scratch - well, it seems that way, anyway, since it's so boring. Also, since I can buy denim for $4 a yard give or take, it's definitely cheaper. Jeans are no more time consuming than other pants, but it's hard to say how much time it takes since I sew in small increments - maybe around 4 hours?
mhk3boys said... (4/6/10 10:15 AM) Reply
Your boys jeans look so cool! I have been thinking about making jeans for my boys but I was wondering, do they take a long time to make? Is it worth it?
JeanM said... (4/5/10 6:11 PM) Reply
They look good! I'll have to try this pattern for my skinny kid (I've done some other pants from Ottobre, just not this design yet)

Kwik Sew 2981

by: mudcat

by: SewWil

You Sew Girl Zip Away Shopping Bag Pattern

You Sew Girl Zip Away Shopping Bag Pattern

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)