Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7721 (Suit)

Reviewed by:arianamaniacs

About arianamaniacsstarstarstarstar
Austria
Member since: 6/11/04
Posted on:4/5/10 6:04 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Suits / Separates

MissCelie said... (4/16/10 9:40 AM) Reply
Ok, I think the skirt is pretty fantastic. The stripes are so very very cool. I thik a drapier fabric may have delivered more of the look you want. But, overall I LOVE this look.
petro said... (4/6/10 3:38 PM) Reply
Congratulations on getting your stripes completely matching. I like the skirt shape, have you tried it with a more figure hugging or sleeveless top? I think the color of the wrap top works with it, but that it maybe the looser sleeves which are not making enough definition to contrast with the drapeyness of the skirt. I wonder if something very simple in shape would show the skirt off better. I like the top too btw.
Patti B said... (4/6/10 9:43 AM) Reply
I love the skirt but share the same misgivings about how it would look on an hourglass figure. Thanks for sewing it.
ALY said... (4/6/10 7:34 AM) Reply
I just bought this pattern because of the skirt design and the price of the pattern ($1.00 on sale) so I was excited to see your review. I like the way the skirt looks. The stripes definitely accent the style lines but it looks very fashion forward and edgy. I was going to go a much more conservative route, making mine in a dark, drapey solid to see how it looked on me.
Ripple Dandelion said... (4/6/10 6:35 AM) Reply
It is a great skirt in color and execution. I like it, but I can imagine how it might feel strange to wear it. Wonderful sewing, though.
fourkid said... (4/6/10 2:23 AM) Reply
Really nicely done. Sorry it didn't work for you.
chicaem29 said... (4/5/10 9:59 PM) Reply
The skirt looks really cool. It's too bad you don't like the way it looks on you, but it was probably a fun project! Great job matching those stripes!

PatternRunway 1401