Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Controlled Exposure> 55 (Mountain Pants)

Reviewed by:treefrog

Upcycle sewing patterns

Janine S said... (10/1/10 3:31 AM) Reply
Great work
Bushbunny said... (9/5/10 1:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for writing such a thoroughly descriptive review. Now I must make a pair ;-)
gunnawunday said... (6/10/10 2:17 AM) Reply
Way way cool!
whirrclunk said... (4/28/10 3:49 PM) Reply
Wow!! These look fantastic!! It's great that all of your effort paid off with such a result. Thank you for the excellent review.
Skymom said... (4/28/10 12:16 PM) Reply
Fantastic pants, and excellent, helpful review. I checked your other reviews and was delighted to see you'd made gaiters. My Boy Scout son needs some, and I wanted to make them--will try to emulate your success in technical outerwear sewing!
ClaireEmily said... (4/28/10 4:48 AM) Reply
These are SO impressive! They look fantastic. I was shocked at how much a very basic pair of unlined ski pants cost and these are SO much better. Such amazing work!
jannw said... (4/27/10 10:09 PM) Reply
wonderful job!! so glad to see the finished project. The next pair will go faster and those savings will mount up. Thanx for posting the costs..I found that interesting
homejewel said... (4/27/10 12:35 PM) Reply
This is just amazing. Think of the savings over the years because of your efforts. Great job. Rose City Textiles in Portland, Oregon specializes in activewear-type fabrics. My head spins when going in there - I don't know what it all is, but Annette does. Their website may be lacking. If you want, PM me and I will call Annette and ask specific questions for you. She ships internationally.
katlew03 said... (4/27/10 11:33 AM) Reply
Very good review with lots of details. The results look great.
renren said... (4/27/10 9:56 AM) Reply
You've brought it on home! Great finish to what looks like a really detailed, complicated project. The pants are not only super functional, they look super nice!
RLL said... (4/27/10 9:14 AM) Reply
Yea, I'm impressed!
Sarsez said... (4/27/10 8:32 AM) Reply
Your pants are so impressive, I've dragged my DH over for a look. He's sold! Did you line them? I've looked up the pattern and it calls for lining.
fuzzygalore said... (4/27/10 6:54 AM) Reply
Oh, you did a great job! Very impressed with your courage in all those technicalities. So tell me, now that he's had time to test these thoroughly, do the water-resistant zippers make a huge difference? And how did you manage taping around the zippers? Thanks :-)..
FreyaStark said... (4/27/10 4:59 AM) Reply
Very impressive. Well done.
Sew4Fun said... (4/27/10 3:03 AM) Reply
I'm super impressed! Excellent job. Thanks for the helpful review too.
Sharonspils said... (4/27/10 1:20 AM) Reply
Wow you have done a fantastic job and DH is such a good sport modelling them for us.
SusiM said... (4/10/10 1:08 AM) Reply
Thank you for sharing your experience with this pattern so far. Especially about the taping. I'd always wondered how well that works for the home sewer. Looking forward to the rest!
o3b said... (4/8/10 1:17 AM) Reply
Great review so far! I always read your reviews b/c they are so detailed and fun. They are also unique.
velosewer said... (4/7/10 6:11 PM) Reply
Wow. Waterproofing is a skill I'd love to learn. Good job.
Sue Anfang said... (4/7/10 12:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for you review. It's great to see someone who likes to sew technical apparell! Compared to the cost of buying, considering technical materials are expensive, do you figure it's worth it?
jannw said... (4/7/10 10:32 AM) Reply
Great job..will look forward to the second installment!
Christas said... (4/7/10 9:30 AM) Reply
Wow! You have done a wonderful job on these! I am sure your DH will be so proud of his new ski pants.
pterion said... (4/7/10 9:21 AM) Reply
Really interested in hearing about your experience with this pattern! It looks great so far. I've been looking at skiwear patterns and technical fabrics. What were your sources for the fabric and special notions?
Sharonspils said... (4/7/10 4:24 AM) Reply
Wow, you are doing a great job and I am very interested in the seam sealing.
renren said... (4/7/10 4:02 AM) Reply
Very impressive!!! I'll be following your progress.

by: CCcreative