Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1140 (Top)

Reviewed by:AZTempest

About AZTempest
AZ USA
Member since: 9/7/09
Posted on:4/9/10 3:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
cleverclogs said... (2/10/11 9:46 PM) Reply
I've just done the muslin for this and you are quite right about the placket and band instructions. It spoils a rather pretty pattern. I also found it a bit hard to interpret the drawing and instructions for attaching the upper pieces with the sleeves – the drawing should make clearer that you are to butt the front and back sleeves. The side seams were pretty much OK on me –basically they only needed to come in little at the bottom. So this might be an issue of individual shape rather than a pattern problem? Like the other commenters, I really appreciate your drawing attention to the problem.
TJSEWS said... (4/10/10 6:36 PM) Reply
I notice that this pattern is a Sandra Betzina pattern. I recently worked on a Sandra Betzina pattern (Vogue 1036 - I did a review) and it was full of problems and there was a major mistake on the sleeve. I wrote to Vogue and they thanked me for my concerns and said they were working on correcting the sleeve measurement. But I think they should have done more....like send an email out or put an alert on their website so people know. Well, this is where PR comes in - we are lucky to have this forum to discuss these types of issues. Thank you for your honest review!
elsew said... (4/10/10 3:42 PM) Reply
It is reviews like yours that make Patter Review so very valuable to all of us and I thank you so much for your very detailed review of the problems of this pattern. It just makes us aware that the written instructions on the pattern guidesheets are not always so and that to go with our gut instincts from past sewing projects is sometimes the very best way to approach the construction of a given garment. Thanks again for your help to me...to all of us!
Rhoda K said... (4/10/10 8:54 AM) Reply
This looks like a very pretty top and sorry to hear about your problems with the pattern. I wonder what the pattern companies would say to mistakes in their patterns?

Islander Sewing Systems Baja Shirt Pattern