Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design> 03/2009/14 (Ahoy baby shorts)

Reviewed by:angeleyes88

About angeleyes88star
ON CANADA
Member since: 2/11/10
Posted on:4/10/10 1:45 PM
Last Updated:2/3/11 1:54 AM

angeleyes88 said... (6/27/11 6:17 PM) Reply
to cultured purl: sorry for the late response, I didn't realize that I wasn't getting comments emailed to me - i will have to check into that. There is a a fair share of boys patterns in the ottobre mags. Some of the issues are more geared to girls though. You can always go to their website www(dot)ottobredesign(dot)com to view the exact designs available for the said issue with sizing available for each design. You def. get more value for your money using the ottobre/sew mags as opposed to the big 4.....and I have noticed that they have improved my design elements significantly. The only downside is that you have to trace them out, but I trace everything anyways so as to not ruin the master pattern. I have also used the ottobre women's issues and love them. they too are worth it especially if you want more of a casual wear wardrobe.
Christas said... (2/3/11 11:49 PM) Reply
Ottobre patterns are some of my very favorites. These shorts are SO cute! You did a beautiful job on your topstitching. :-)
Cultured Purl said... (2/3/11 4:12 PM) Reply
After looking at so many patterns for kids( all sizes) I fell in love wl Ottobre and just ordered it recently, I did add the Ottobre womens magazine also, wondered if you see as many boys patterns in Ooobre as girls? also if you have ever used the ladies Ottobre and how happy you were,,,,,,I am SO SO sick of the big 4 and the styles for a young lady of 9 is mini/adult, so I have used Farbenmix and have been happy! I would LOVE to use US based patterns but cant anymore ( Ok Kwick Sew is OK for swim suits etc)
MNBarb said... (2/3/11 7:11 AM) Reply
Very nice basic pattern with a few details to keep it interesting.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS
Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

Burda 9486

by: PAMomof3

Jamie Christina Mission Maxi Paper Pattern

Jamie Christina Mission Maxi Paper Pattern

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

by: Dianne22