Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2608 (Misses Knit Skirts, Pants and)

Reviewed by:kristinlala

About kristinlalastar
TX USA
Member since: 7/21/09
Posted on:4/12/10 11:11 AM
Last Updated:4/13/10 8:52 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants    Skirts
AndreaSews said... (8/8/10 0:57 AM) Reply
Kristin, The skirt looks great on you. I just made this skirt for my daughter in the bubble skirt version. The fold-over waist caught me by surprise also. Neither of us liked the bubble skirt version in a stretch knit, so perhaps I will remake it into the view you made, and reshape the yoke as you did. Thank you for the review.
kristinlala said... (4/16/10 11:57 AM) Reply
Thanks! It's not so much even that I hated the fold down waist, but my skirt would have been shorter than I wanted it since I didn't realize it folded down until the last step!!!
sky said... (4/16/10 10:11 AM) Reply
Great skirt. It looks really comfortable yet classy at the same time. I have a folded waistband skirt and how it looks seems to really depends on the fabric. If it is thin it works, or perhaps if it is really stretchy with lycra. Thanks for bringing this pattern to attention though--there are some cute items.
kristinlala said... (4/12/10 4:04 PM) Reply
I edited in a pic of the pattern illustration of the finished yoke, so maybe you will see what I mean. Again, it is totally possible I missed something, but it wasn't until I got to this step that I realized the top folded down :)
homejewel said... (4/12/10 3:48 PM) Reply
I really like your skirt. I recently bought this pattern primarily because of the yoked waistband. I'm so thankful to have read your review about the fold-down waist because I don't want that look, either. Thanks for the warning!
CarolynGM said... (4/12/10 2:07 PM) Reply
Your skirt turned out very cute, and a good length for you. I've never run into a pattern with a fold down waistband, and I hope I never do.
kristinlala said... (4/12/10 1:02 PM) Reply
Well, the pattern APPARENTLY has you make the waistband where it folds over, in half (to hide elastic in the top). I didn't make it this way....I didn't want that for length, or for added bulk at my midsection! I made mine where it just went straight up (but I had to reshape the pattern piece since as sewn it got bigger at the top, rather than smaller than on top, since it was designed to fold down over the upper hips). I need to re-read this pattern directions to see what I missed on this, but I swear I read it over and over trying to figure this out, until I finally PM'd some other people who had made it to reaffirm it was supposed to fold down. Maybe I'll scan the pic of the final illustration to show what I mean if it's hard to visualize!
Elizabeth made this said... (4/12/10 12:40 PM) Reply
Looks great! What do you mean by folded down waist?
Gelbean said... (4/12/10 11:40 AM) Reply
Love your skirt. I actually cut this pattern out a few weeks ago. I didn't realize the waist folded down either. Thanks for the review.

by: ButtonFait...