Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8600 (MISSES' JACKET)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:4/11/10 11:59 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Terri A said... (4/14/10 12:55 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket!
Christas said... (4/13/10 0:16 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket! It would make me like the rain so much more if I had such a pretty jacket to wear! You did a very nice job of sewing this.
Byrdie said... (4/12/10 8:55 PM) Reply
Wow! I wouldn't have thought to do this pattern as a rainwair piece- but it looks awesome! Even though your fabric was troublesome, it came out great!
Kathi R said... (4/12/10 7:14 PM) Reply
Sue, you are the fastest reviewer in the west....I wish I had the discipline to write the review as soon as the proejct is finished....and I think I see the floor in your sewing room, good for you! Nice jacket, you will be well dressed for rain.
EveS said... (4/12/10 2:49 PM) Reply
Sue, I ADORE this jacket! What an upgrade from the plain ol' slicker...I'd want rain every day!! And I think your choice of fabric totally removes any "arty"ness the pattern had (like Connie mentioned) and gives it a serious edge. As much as you say you hated the fabric I'm wishing I had it! I have some of the VW techno, but not the satin. This is cool looking stuff! (sorry for your pain, tho...I admire your perseverance) This jacket rocks! :)
SueV said... (4/12/10 1:24 PM) Reply
Christine 99: You asked about the fit: I like the fit. It's an outerwear jacket, so I would not want it tight or too fitted. I like the tucks and think it gives it enough fit to nip in the waist without it being tight. It looks like rain today, so I wore it! Love it! thanks
ChristinePDX said... (4/12/10 12:37 PM) Reply
Love this. I almost bought this pattern many times but other reviewers said it wasn't as curved (more boxy) as it looked, but yours looks just right. What do you think of the fit?
Barbara V said... (4/12/10 10:26 AM) Reply
Your jackets looks beautiful! With the challenging fabric, you did an EXCELLENT job. Even though a hassle, this is the type of fabric that gives the jacket a really unique look. If it's not raining in your area, come to central California.....we're in our second day of rain here!
snuzal said... (4/12/10 10:23 AM) Reply
Love this! I may just have to have it
MaryDB said... (4/12/10 9:46 AM) Reply
Love the jacket, thanks for the review - of the fabric, too. Nice work.
ConnieBJ said... (4/12/10 8:53 AM) Reply
Nice jacket! I have this pattern, but keep wondering if it is too arty- yours looks fabulous! Guess I have my answer.
Nancy Rhodes said... (4/12/10 8:47 AM) Reply
there is always the shower in the bathroom option in case you have not been able to try it out yet. . . . Well done in spite of the trials the VW techno put you through.
Jane S said... (4/12/10 7:58 AM) Reply
You fought the fabric and you won! Your jacket looks fantastic, despite the technical difficulties.
Rebecca D said... (4/12/10 6:27 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks fantastic. And you get an A+ for perseverance.
Sewnsewmom said... (4/12/10 1:14 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket! Enjoy wearing it.
Sew4Fun said... (4/12/10 0:54 AM) Reply
Oh how I hate those fabrics. Your jacket ended niceless despite the headaches. I hope it rains soon so you get to wear it. :)
Ann Smith said... (4/12/10 0:03 AM) Reply
It sure looks good in spite of it all. Hate those annoying fabrics. I have this on my list of jackets to make so I love your testing it for me. A fashionable rain jacket for sure!

by: SewJillian