Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2003-117 (pull on flared pant)

Reviewed by:Lorna C. Newman

About Lorna C. Newmanstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 8/10/02
Posted on:4/6/04 2:08 PM
Last Updated:8/19/04 9:53 PM

Lorna C. Newman said... (8/20/04 4:33 PM) Reply
Thanks fo rthe tips, Mini. I always shake my head when I measure and take off an inch or more and it still ends up being too big! I may have to resort to mail order as I have the local Wal-Mart or an hour's drive to the nearest chain store!
Mini said... (8/20/04 3:02 PM) Reply
Lorna, congrats on your first Burda WOF pattern. I am sure you will be hooked now:). Regarding the elastic being too big, some elastics stretch more than others, but all will stretch somewhat when they are first applied. Steam will sometimes help shrink it back to the size you measured. I have had good luck with the waistband elastic sold by Stretch and Sew, which doesn't stretch out very much when applied. The Sewing Place has quality elastic too, but I am sure you can find something closer to home that will be as good. Sometimes doing a little sample elastic application on a swatch of your fashion fabric can help predict whether it will stretch out too much.
cindyann said... (8/20/04 7:09 AM) Reply
Nice looking pants!
sewsue said... (8/20/04 4:37 AM) Reply
Great fitting pants Lorna. I have not tried these Burda magazine patterns that you guys talk of, I don't even know if I can get tham here in Tasmania. I will have to investigate. If anyone knows where I can get one please email me to tell me! Thanks for a thorough review with good fitting tips.
sewsue said... (8/20/04 4:34 AM) Reply
Great fitting pants Lorna. I have not tried these Burda magazine patterns that you guys talk of, I don't even know if I can get them here in Tasmania. I will have to investigate. If anyone knows where I can get one please email me to tell me! Thanks for a thorough review with good fitting tips.
Sherril Miller said... (4/6/04 8:03 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your success! I can't wait to see what you do with the formal outfit. I have a WOF pull-on pants pattern that's on my list to try too.
PattiK said... (4/6/04 3:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I too have been intimidated by BWOF but with your review I'm very tempted to make something and see how it works. Can't wait to see a picture.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS