Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 2818 (Tops)

Reviewed by:Lorna C. Newman

About Lorna C. Newmanstarstarstar
Member since: 8/10/02
Posted on:4/6/04 2:40 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Diana Hilliard said... (4/10/04 1:59 PM) Reply
I am looking forward to the photos too. This is a pattern that I am considering buying, so yes, it is available as of April 10, 2004 (current catalogue).
AnneM said... (4/7/04 4:22 AM) Reply
Thanks, Lorna & Mini. I'll pick up some of those current ones shown on the P&P website.
Mini said... (4/6/04 8:02 PM) Reply
I checked the P and P website http://palmerpletsch.com/. They have all their current patterns posted there. The top patterns are worth trying for the excellent fit instructions, and as Lorna said, you don't even have to draw in the lines for doing adjustments.
Lorna C. Newman said... (4/6/04 7:52 PM) Reply
Anne, some of them may still be available, I am not sure. the last time I saw them in the catalog, they were in a small size. Pati told me at a seminar that when patterns are about to be pulled, they are taken off full page spread to smaller sizes. If you can't find them, I have the front button version of the pattern as well if you want it. I have other ones without all the lines that I prefer after having tried this one! Just e-mail me through here or send me a PM; I post as canuck on the boards.
AnneM said... (4/6/04 3:24 PM) Reply
Do they make those palmer/pletsch patterns anymore? I haven't noticed them, but it would be interesting to check out all the fitting lines & information.
Hilary said... (4/6/04 3:22 PM) Reply
Thanks for the thorough review! I love princess seams, they are so much easier to fit for me, since there's lotsa seams to spread them over :o) I would love to see the pics. Pre-tweak and post-tweak too!(say THAT three times fast :oP )

Portabello Pixie Ruffle Pants