Pattern Reviews> Burda Plus Fashion Magazine> 02-2010-147 (Dress)

Reviewed by:annie11

About annie11starstarstarstar
IL United States
Member since: 3/3/06
Posted on:4/13/10 6:28 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
brissie71 said... (2/7/12 10:35 PM) Reply
The dress looks gorgeous, and the review made me LOL. I also love your accessories with this outfit. Very stylish. Luckily, I'm making mine in a stretch cotton (purely by accident. I just really loved the print) so, hopefully, will have extra wiggle room through the hips.
beesknees said... (5/3/10 10:58 PM) Reply
How does the Burda Style number (427) translate to the pattern number you'd find in the store? Thanks.
redhotpepper said... (4/25/10 0:54 AM) Reply
Very nice and, I have to admit, I've had to do the same thing! My husband laughed and did not help me one bit. He did not score points for that one.
frame said... (4/14/10 6:38 PM) Reply
Pretty dress. Funny review. :)
Vintage Joan said... (4/14/10 1:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful information! Yikes, I don't know how you remained calm (if you did) while snipping your way out of a dress. Just thinking about it gives me claustrophobia. Eek! You look FABULOUS in this dress, by the way.
MamaSewing said... (4/14/10 9:41 AM) Reply
YOu story is so hysterical, and since your dress looks so sophisticated one would never guess what a pickle you were in!!!
becca a said... (4/14/10 8:36 AM) Reply
Great dress! Very funny about seam ripping your way out of the dress. It looks great now and thanks for the heads up about using stretch fabric for this dress.
susiestitcher said... (4/14/10 7:21 AM) Reply
Whoah! Your muslin could be the actual dress for the wedding. You look gorgeous in it. I am certain the next one will also be a stunner. Love the seam ripper story, as it is exactly something that would happen to me!
o3b said... (4/14/10 2:22 AM) Reply
I love your seam ripper story. It's very helpful for fitting/fabric info. It was good to read you are making one for a wedding. When I saw the photo (and thus had to come read your review), my first thought was "that would be great for a wedding".
Mary Nanna said... (4/14/10 2:09 AM) Reply
wow that looks fantastic .. I am a huge fan of making garments twice rather than muslining the first one - why do all that work and not be able to wear it afterwards? Your first version is just gorgeous and I will use it to vindicate my laziness!
Auntchelle said... (4/14/10 0:24 AM) Reply
Great dress. I love navy dressy-dresses but I can't wait to see the lavender one. I totally understand having to deconstruct to get out of a dress - it has happened to me too. Couldn't get it above or below my more-than-ample boobs.
MaryDB said... (4/13/10 9:24 PM) Reply
Wow, I'd never have thought that navy techno taffeta could look so good! Nice job, pretty dress, and lol on the seam ripper escapade.
Nursebennett said... (4/13/10 8:20 PM) Reply
Lovely dress and a great job. Thanks for the laugh about the try on. I've not managed that particular feat.........yet. :)
moushka said... (4/13/10 8:06 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous dress on you! Well worth the (too funny) seam ripper fiasco. Can't wait to see the lavender one. Please post a pic when it's done. You'll look fabulous at the wedding.
marec said... (4/13/10 7:56 PM) Reply
Hot dress! I had to laugh at your seam ripper story.
Michele Lommasson said... (4/13/10 7:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Thanks for the darling review.
SueV said... (4/13/10 7:25 PM) Reply
really cute. I love the dress with this fabric!
Christas said... (4/13/10 7:02 PM) Reply
Now that's a new way to get out of a dress - just get your seam ripper!!! LOL! The dress looks very lovely on you!
Barbara V said... (4/13/10 6:46 PM) Reply
This is totally gorgeous on you Annie. LOL about the seam ripper escape. Once you make the lavender crepe version you will have two choices to wear to the wedding! I agree with is a stunning design.
Gelbean said... (4/13/10 6:37 PM) Reply
The dress is lovely! The story about having to seam rip yourself out of it is too funny. Thanks for the review and the laugh. :)
All About Linings