Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 59269 (My Hearts a'Flutter)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

About sfshazastar
Member since: 9/12/07
Posted on:4/16/10 1:18 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

magoe6217 said... (5/25/10 9:51 AM) Reply
This is so wonderful on you. Love your creative use of straight grain, cross grain and diagonal to add design interest.
DorothyK said... (4/20/10 4:38 PM) Reply
This is a great top - just perfect for stripes, and you did a good job with them.
marthamyers said... (4/17/10 4:12 PM) Reply
Great job! I bought this pattern from Louise at Atlanta's Sewing Expo and haven't made it yet. Yours is wonderful. Gotta get to it now! Thanks for the inspiration.
janet said... (4/17/10 11:21 AM) Reply
One of your most flattering outfits to date! All of your clothes are impeccably made, but you look absolutely FABULOUS in this outfit.
1SewSweet said... (4/17/10 8:27 AM) Reply
Very nice top! I love the way the design in the fabric is displayed! Looks great on you!
Mermie said... (4/16/10 4:08 PM) Reply
I love your top. I have a piece of striped linen that I think will be perfect. Great work!
RLL said... (4/16/10 2:15 PM) Reply
Your top is so nice. I love the fabric. I fell in love with this pattern when Louise first put it out and I purchased it at the ATL sewing expo in March. Louise was wearing it on two of the days, two different fabrics....both very nice. I can't wait to get to it myself.
Ann Smith said... (4/16/10 11:57 AM) Reply
I wasn't impessed with this pattern when I saw it at Puyallup but your version has me wishing I had purchased it. Great job!
marec said... (4/16/10 10:50 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review-love the shirt, especially the neckline. Your choice of fabric was so wonderful for this design.
Patti B said... (4/16/10 9:26 AM) Reply
I love your version of this! Thanks for the info on the method for accommodating the larger bust without look pregnant.
moushka said... (4/16/10 7:59 AM) Reply
A very attractive and flattering pattern, made in your usual wonderful choice of fabric. You need more of these! It looks terrific on you.
FreyaStark said... (4/16/10 7:15 AM) Reply
An intriguing pattern, and a cute and distinctive shirt. Your use of the stripes is especially clever.
snuzal said... (4/16/10 4:49 AM) Reply
What a great top! I love how it sits on you, and that neckline is totally wonderful. Great job
sfshaza said... (4/16/10 2:30 AM) Reply
Tishie, Louise herself made it from a wool and it was beautiful - she was photographed wearing it at Puyallup. If I were making it from a heavier fabric, I might want it a bit looser, though. I think you'll find this is a very flexible pattern. Several women on Stitcher's Guild have made it.
Tishie said... (4/16/10 1:59 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review, your top looks beautiful and comfortable. I have this pattern, but have yet to sew it. I was planning to use a tropical weight wool, but now may go with a lighter fabric.

Pin-up Girls 1230