Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5974

Posted on:4/16/10 11:16 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
Christas said... (4/20/10 5:14 PM) Reply
This is such a pretty dress and the fit is wonderful. I wish your dress was hanging in MY closet!
Rebecca D said... (4/17/10 9:36 AM) Reply
You look lovely in this dress.
1SewSweet said... (4/17/10 8:51 AM) Reply
Very cute dress on you and thanks for the tips!
AuntieShel said... (4/17/10 8:24 AM) Reply
Oh, this is fabulous--so stunning on you!!
FreyaStark said... (4/17/10 4:08 AM) Reply
A very nice, smart and distinctive dress. Well done.
Schnauzer said... (4/17/10 1:22 AM) Reply
What a pretty dress!
marthamyers said... (4/16/10 7:29 PM) Reply
This is so lovely on you! I hope to see you in it as some upcoming sewing event. Thanks for the jelly roll suggestion. Nice work and thanks for sharing your interesting review.
ClaireEmily said... (4/16/10 7:06 PM) Reply
I really love your dress! The fit is great and the print is gorgeous. I think that next time I make this I'll use a bound neckline - I was actually surprised that the turn twice edge worked at all - yours looks better!
SewRaeMe said... (4/16/10 6:10 PM) Reply
Rustybobn, thanks, I will definitely check it out. In my mind it seems it would look better than the hand stitching, at least my hand stitching.
marec said... (4/16/10 4:56 PM) Reply
Lovely on you!
Riordan said... (4/16/10 1:25 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress--lovely style on you! I'm inspired to make it.
BJ1400 said... (4/16/10 12:55 PM) Reply
Your dress looks great on you! I love this pattern. I've made it 2 times so far-will probably make another one for summer.
SQue40769 said... (4/16/10 12:45 PM) Reply
This dress is stunning on you. I love your choice of fabric/print. Thanks for sharing!
sewbehind said... (4/16/10 12:24 PM) Reply
Very cute. I like that this pattern has two views that are quite different. Thanks for the review.
Peggy L said... (4/16/10 11:42 AM) Reply
Beth - this really fits you well and looks cool and comfortable for summer. You just can't beat Stretch & Sew methods:) I still use them, too.
Rustybobn said... (4/16/10 11:37 AM) Reply
The Canadian, I usually use it on shirt yokes. You can find the technique many places--I've blogged about it here:
SewRaeMe said... (4/16/10 11:26 AM) Reply
This looks very nice on you. I have never heard of this "jellyroll", may look into that a little further.