Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1179 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:Blooms

About Bloomsstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 5/2/06
Posted on:4/18/10 5:34 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
AuntieShel said... (9/9/10 8:13 AM) Reply
This dress looks amazing on you!! I may have to get this pattern. I'm with you on turning and stitching armhole and neck edges---bad, bad, bad, in my opinion, although some people manage to make them look good. I prefer a separate binding piece. Thanks for the tip on checking the circumference of the armhole edges :) !!
CBrushNew2Sewing said... (8/29/10 4:20 PM) Reply
Love love love this dress. Great job. So question - why do you cut a larger size for the back? I'm new to sewing and think you may have a neat tip :)
ak21 said... (6/15/10 3:03 AM) Reply
this looks amazing on you. you should wear more black you look great. heart your shoes too :-) you've inspired me to try this in black!
Danvillegirl said... (4/19/10 7:33 PM) Reply
Lovely dress!
Knitters Delight said... (4/19/10 2:06 PM) Reply
I just purchased this pattern! I really love how it looks on you. Black suits you nicely, even if it's not your color of choice. I am going to have to make this up sooner than later now.
Byrdie said... (4/18/10 8:44 PM) Reply
Cute dress! It looks so sleek in black!
Natasha B said... (4/18/10 8:24 PM) Reply
Lovely dress, very elegant. I think the black looks great!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (4/18/10 8:04 PM) Reply
Gorgeous and very flattering dress on you.
Raye Ann said... (4/18/10 6:34 PM) Reply
so lovely! i just bought this pattern during the Vogue pattern sale. I was hoping it was suitable for a maternity adjustment- but even if it isn't, it will be a great one to make up for this summer post baby!
arianamaniacs said... (4/18/10 2:48 PM) Reply
Looks great on you, not sure why you don't like black!
manola6176 said... (4/18/10 1:21 PM) Reply
Graeat dress
Rebecca D said... (4/18/10 9:29 AM) Reply
You look stunning in this. What a great little dress. I am now bummed that I didn't get this at the last Club BMV sale. I love using armhole facings for sleeveless tops - so much easier and classier than a turned under edge, I think.
carolynw said... (4/18/10 9:17 AM) Reply
This looks sharp - I may get this pattern as it looks like it could be very versatile and also a cool thing for summer days
nellc said... (4/18/10 9:17 AM) Reply
This looks really lovely on you, I love the simplicity of the design, it looks great in black.
Nan Kay said... (4/18/10 8:57 AM) Reply
I really like how this looks on you. Very simple, but a little elegant at the same time. Another to add to the waiting pile!
dingyadi said... (4/18/10 8:51 AM) Reply
Gorgeous - it looks really easy to wear but kind of special.
Nancy Rhodes said... (4/18/10 8:48 AM) Reply
Rather elegant look for something easy to 'throw on'... Well done, another pattern I would overlook until I see it here on PR. Thank you for sharing.
Auntie Allyn said... (4/18/10 8:36 AM) Reply
Looks terrific on you!! Such a comfortable, stylish dress!

Kwik Sew 2100

by: Judy Kski

Victoria Jones Collection Pattern 104

Victoria Jones Collection Pattern 104

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)