Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5261

Member since: 4/8/03
Posted on:4/19/10 11:10 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
diane s said... (6/17/10 12:33 PM) Reply
Your blouse is gorgeous and inspiring. Thanks for the review.
pterion said... (4/21/10 9:57 AM) Reply
Beautiful topper, Carolyn. Love the springy print and appreciate all the thought that went into showing it off to best advantage. Looks like this will be a very versatile piece in your wardrobe!
4u2cme said... (4/21/10 9:00 AM) Reply
I love your print placement. I have this CC pattern in my stash. It didn't really inspire me until now. I think I need to pull it out and give it a try. Another great piece in your wardrobe.
carolynw said... (4/20/10 5:22 PM) Reply
This is beautiful - placement of the motif is excellent, I am so glad to see this review. The drawing on the pattern envelopes for Connie's designs are not at all inspiring - I looked at this pattern and passed it over - now I think after reading your review this is one I must get!!
MissCelie said... (4/20/10 1:22 PM) Reply
I totally and completly love this jacket. The print makes it a real head turner!
Babe B said... (4/20/10 9:50 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!
what is not taken said... (4/20/10 9:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. You always make such beautiful clothes and I love your blog and you are an inspiration to keep me sewing and learning. Outstanding job!!! Thank you for sharing.
Fran G said... (4/20/10 7:35 AM) Reply
What a great piece, Carolyn. The color of the print is a perfect accent for your wardrobe. I saw that fabric but sadly lack your "vision". I predict it will get a lot of wear!
susiestitcher said... (4/20/10 7:21 AM) Reply
Count me in on the beautiful fabric. Your topper shows what a difference the print placement can make. It is always painful to me when I sew (and/or see others sew ) beautiful fabric designs that are not placed well. It takes a great eye to think it all out first, and you have it! Lovely blouse.
o3b said... (4/20/10 3:19 AM) Reply
Your top is great and you will certainly be noticed in this! I HAD to come look at your review just because of the fabric. Good thing, too, since this pattern is in my size range.
FreyaStark said... (4/19/10 11:46 PM) Reply
A smart and highly original shirt.
Cowtown Karen said... (4/19/10 10:27 PM) Reply
I love this! Looks so RTW. I'm off to Fabric Mart to see if they have more of this fabric.
marec said... (4/19/10 8:59 PM) Reply
Your attention to detail, and fashion sense, make this a wonderful shirt/jacket. It's absolutely lovely.
Christas said... (4/19/10 7:14 PM) Reply
Very nice! Love the way you showcased the pleat!
Patti B said... (4/19/10 3:00 PM) Reply
Carolyn, another beautiful garment from you. Gorgeous fabric and your careful placement of motifs take best advantage of it.
Sweetiebop said... (4/19/10 2:22 PM) Reply
This is a great shirt jacket. Love what you did with the pattern.
gatorgirl4325 said... (4/19/10 1:39 PM) Reply
Great use of this fabric - I absolutely love your shirt!!!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (4/19/10 1:10 PM) Reply
I loved this fabric from FabricMart but didn't know how to use such a large print. But you did! Your pattern placement of the large flower is so perfect. Thanks for the lesson on the use of large prints.
Riordan said... (4/19/10 1:03 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket!! Love the placement of the print. (I've been resisting ordering this fabric, but after seeing your jacket, my resistance is gone.)
edot said... (4/19/10 12:58 PM) Reply
ooh! excellent! I love the pleat in the back that gives way to the awesome size of the floral in this print. This is going to be an excellent, easy-to-wear *pop* of color and fun!
MaryDB said... (4/19/10 12:40 PM) Reply
Wow, the shirt looks great! Nice job working with the floral pattern. I didn't have the nerve to order that fabricmart fabric - you've done a terrific job with it.
Izzie said... (4/19/10 12:10 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! I love this print too.
psgates said... (4/19/10 11:26 AM) Reply
Love the print! Great job!!

Other Gertie's Keyhole Blouse