Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2804 (Empire crossover top)

Reviewed by:slanden99

About slanden99starstarstarstar
Member since: 9/14/05

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:4/19/10 2:10 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Lynn67 said... (4/20/10 3:33 PM) Reply
I think it looks great. I just got this pattern and have a bony chest, so your results are encouraging!
Frozzy said... (4/20/10 3:25 PM) Reply
I made the KS top that is similar, and it was a little blah when done. I sewed a piece of trim right below the horizontal seam on the front only. Really made a difference. You could pin a brown strip of fabric accross just to see if you like the idea, it might make you like the top more.
davin said... (4/20/10 1:00 PM) Reply
It's a pleasure to see a knit that isn't so shrink-wrapped that every body bump shouts at you. Keep it ladylike as you have, and people won't be speculating on your body!
pterion said... (4/20/10 11:54 AM) Reply
I think this top looks lovely on you. I'm small busted as well, and I've always heard that empire waist styles are a good look for us :-)
callmeRuth said... (4/20/10 11:01 AM) Reply
I could totally see myself wearing this top, and I'm one of the less-endowed, too. I think it looks great.
Christas said... (4/19/10 11:25 PM) Reply
I think it looks very nice as a less fitted top. I really like your fabric choice too.
marec said... (4/19/10 8:50 PM) Reply
Love the fit of this top on you.
sewing for fun said... (4/19/10 8:22 PM) Reply
I think the top is very pretty and feminine on you! I like the fit and shape. I agree that nicegirl has a good suggestion - making the bust a bit snugger, but I also think it looks very pretty as is on you!
Schnauzer said... (4/19/10 6:06 PM) Reply
I like this top on you. Very pretty!.
FreyaStark said... (4/19/10 5:38 PM) Reply
It looks pretty good to me. It's a neat fit without being tight, and I think that's a very good thing.
busymomof3 said... (4/19/10 5:33 PM) Reply
I think the top looks nice on you.
nicegirl said... (4/19/10 4:02 PM) Reply
It's cute! Love that yellow. As another "less endowed" person, I prefer clothing to fit snugly in the bust. It seems counterintuitive because it emphasizes how small I am, but I think it is less emphasizing than having bagginess that shows how little I have to fill out a garment! I would recommend going down a size at the bust, but it is a matter of personal preference.
okie2thdoc said... (4/19/10 2:21 PM) Reply
I love the way it looks on you. It appears to be less fitted which looks like it works well with your figure. I know you're concerned with the appearance with your body-type but in my opinion, it looks good.

All About Linings