Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7513 (DRESS)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:4/21/10 10:00 PM

Sar sews said... (12/13/10 10:29 PM) Reply
I thought I had commented somewhere else...new at this!! I think it looks great, but how did they ever think it would look 'decent' without the front buttons?!! Would press studs work as well as buttons, or even sewing the front panels to each other? I am going to trial this pattern in a piece of linen picked up at Spotlight.
Noile said... (4/22/10 8:05 PM) Reply
Ann, you could wear a sack and look wonderful with that irresistible million dollar smile of yours! I do agree that the dropped waist doesn't quite work, though, even with the elastic. How does would it look if you belted it, or brought the waist up to your natural waist? I love the buttons you added, which really enhance the style, and overall, I think it looks great on you. Nice choice of color, too!
Christas said... (4/22/10 5:02 PM) Reply
You definitely don't look frumpy! I love the way you have used your accessories (shoes and earrings) - compliments the style so much, and makes a very pretty and unique outfit.
Aixoise said... (4/22/10 12:18 PM) Reply
I don't think it's frumpy at all. With the great shoes and your sunny smile it looks like a slouchy, comfy summer dress - just the thing for warm weather.
MagpieJen said... (4/22/10 12:03 PM) Reply
I know you feel this one is less successful than you wanted - but you really know how to style and wear it :-). Thak you for a really informative and helpful review!
DorothyK said... (4/22/10 11:39 AM) Reply
I think the changes you made were good. You have a smart way of analyzing what's wrong and how to fix it. The dress is probably a little less "cool" than you usually make but, nevertheless, a great one for your hot summer. I think you will actually get lots of use out of it.
JDpenelope said... (4/22/10 8:00 AM) Reply
Ann -- Love the fabric, love your hair, too, and, of course, your smile. The dress? Have to agree with you --and disagree, unfortunately, with others -- that you usually look much, much better in what you make (or otherwise, probably). Eliminating the back zipper was a good idea, if it isn't needed. I hate dresses with back zippers. I really appreciate your reviewing something that you don't consider to be a big success -- It helps as much as a positive review.
FreyaStark said... (4/22/10 7:30 AM) Reply
It looks lovely on you. It's also interesting to see this pattern made up because I've been thinking about it myself.
beth5646 said... (4/22/10 6:48 AM) Reply
Ooo---I think that dress is super cute. I too like the changes you made. thanks for the review.
CynthiaSue said... (4/22/10 1:27 AM) Reply
Who does you hair?;), Love the blonde! Shoes are fab. dress is fab and you are fab.
Barbara V said... (4/22/10 0:13 AM) Reply
Well, I really like this dress and how it looks on you - as a comfortable, casual summer dress. While I don't know how it looked before, I do like your change to elastic at the dropped waist and the color is fantastic on you.

Sew Liberated Woodlands Shirt