Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8659 (Misses'/Misses' Petite Tunic,)

Reviewed by:Auntie Allyn

Other Projects by Auntie Allyn using this Pattern

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

GinormicaMG said... (1/8/13 4:12 PM) Reply
I just discoved this pattern and checked your review because i loved your red version. You did a great job and the fit and color look wonderful on you. I think you were right about taking in the arm hole. It looks more tailored. I think I will do the same on mine. I hope it won't make it too hard to put on.
layla said... (5/29/11 11:38 PM) Reply
I like the way you manipulated this pattern to fit you . Very stylish on you ...Love the color too !
Matilda_z said... (4/11/11 7:25 PM) Reply
Such a beautiful summer dress. I think your mods are smart. I just bought the pattern based mainly on your red dress review. You rock this dress! It is wonderfully stylish on you.
CarolynGM said... (5/17/10 12:11 PM) Reply
Gorgeous. I think I really need this pattern.
ConnieBJ said... (5/16/10 11:08 PM) Reply
Well I think you know, after all the Philly weekend comments, that this dress is a stunner!! In fact, Geralyn and I picked up the pattern on the way home, and I picked up fabric at Jomar for it. You looked gorg in it!
FreyaStark said... (4/24/10 6:10 AM) Reply
It's stunning, distinctive and absolutely fabulous on you.
sfshaza said... (4/23/10 10:12 PM) Reply
I was very interested in this pattern when it came out, but wasn't quite sure about it and I did not buy it. It's going into my cart during the next BMV sale. :) Thanks! It looks great on you!
waltzqueen said... (4/23/10 5:40 PM) Reply
Wow! You've turned what I thought was a real schmatta into a stunning dress! You look gorgeous and the dress is gorgeous. Send your photo to Vogue so they can use it to improve the pattern cover!!
Ann Smith said... (4/22/10 9:09 PM) Reply
It looks so much better on you than on the pattern photo. Congratulations!
lamstu said... (4/22/10 8:47 PM) Reply
WOW! I am voting "stylish" too. You look fantastic in this dress and so happy too. This looks perfect for the hot summer that will get here (eventually). Thanks for reviewing a pattern that I might otherwise have ignored.
Noile said... (4/22/10 7:55 PM) Reply
I had put this pattern in my "fatal attraction" category -- I'm attracted to it, but it would probably be fatal on me -- but seeing your version tempts me all over again. Love the red, and love your flair while wearing it!
sewtime said... (4/22/10 7:47 PM) Reply
You look beautiful!! Love the dress!!
Christas said... (4/22/10 4:49 PM) Reply
You wear "interesting" beautifully! This dress looks absolutely wonderful on you!
carolynw said... (4/22/10 4:36 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh ! This is so beautiful and looks great on you - love the color and love that "bling". Would never have given this pattern another thought but now am adding it to must get list
narcissaqtpie said... (4/22/10 2:54 PM) Reply
love.this.dress!!!
Barbara V said... (4/22/10 2:29 PM) Reply
Gorgeous summertime dress! You look wonderful in it.
moushka said... (4/22/10 2:15 PM) Reply
Lovely dress, very flattering and chic. This one is going on my to-do list!
Sharon M said... (4/22/10 1:49 PM) Reply
I'll admit - I hated this pattern when I first saw it, but seeing your version has changed my mind. I think it looks like a really fun dress to wear and suits you well.
DorothyK said... (4/22/10 11:44 AM) Reply
The dress looks better on you than on the model. I had rejected this pattern, and now it's back on my list - so glad you reviewed it. I think it looks terrific. Thanks for your helpful tips.
no7262 said... (4/22/10 11:15 AM) Reply
It looks so comfy! Love the color! I'm 5'3, perhaps I am a little to short..... but it looks like some thing that I could live in! Nora :)
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (4/22/10 11:03 AM) Reply
I love your version. IMO it's stylish rather than "interesting" and you set it off with the perfect necklace.
mchick said... (4/22/10 9:59 AM) Reply
So glad to see this pattern made up as I have just bought it. You look fabulous in it, and it looks exactly as I hoped it would, not too baggy but really interesting and distinctive. Love the colour!

by: JennyQNY