Pattern Reviews> Other> Tudor King (Reconstructing History Tudor K)

Reviewed by:The Royal Tailor

About The Royal Tailorstar
MD USA
Member since: 4/9/10
Posted on:5/5/10 3:50 PM
Last Updated:5/7/10 10:17 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Annika said... (2/29/12 3:25 PM) Reply
I too am very disappointed with RH's instructions and pattern markings. So much so that I will never buy another one from them again. Your HVIII is magnificent, BTW.
Rhoda K said... (5/6/10 4:15 PM) Reply
Wow - breathtaking! Beautiful job.
The Royal Tailor said... (5/6/10 3:39 PM) Reply
Homejewel - Advanced!! not yet. Only been doing this for about 6 years and not a lesson. Going to try to take a few this summer to imporve my skills
dfr2010 said... (5/6/10 2:44 PM) Reply
Thanks for the additional pattern info, RT :-) I've been eyeballing a few of RH's patterns, but it sounds like I should hold off for a couple years and get a little more experience. If you have the photos uploaded somewhere, you can add hyperlinks in the review to those pics to provide visuals of the separate pieces. HTH
homejewel said... (5/6/10 2:44 PM) Reply
Ok, this is fantastic. Do me a favor, though - - - will you please change your sewing skills to advanced? LOL What masterpieces!
Margaret said... (5/6/10 2:20 PM) Reply
Wow, this is amazing!
The Royal Tailor said... (5/6/10 12:51 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the comments, very much appreciated. I've add some new comments in the review to address some questions. Once I figure out how to add more photos I will do so
papago said... (5/6/10 10:55 AM) Reply
Wow!!
lyndle said... (5/6/10 3:43 AM) Reply
Fabulous garment. This must have been many many hours of handwork but it is a beautiful result. I hope you get many years of kingly wear out of it!
leapyfrog said... (5/6/10 0:23 AM) Reply
This is nothing short of fabulous.
Skymom said... (5/5/10 8:58 PM) Reply
I have to show this to my husband--I keep telling him I'll make him a Henry VIII costume (or similar), and he hasn't been convinced yet. But your finery is quite persuasive!
Trephas2003 said... (5/5/10 6:07 PM) Reply
It looks great!
Shirleyjoy said... (5/5/10 5:53 PM) Reply
Magnificent! I just love renaisance costumes. You did a really great job of recreating an authentic looking costume,
dfr2010 said... (5/5/10 5:39 PM) Reply
Along with more pics (maybe the individual pieces comprising the outfit?) I'd like more detail on where the pattern is difficult. RH patterns are pricey, but I've heard they are rather authentic and accurate. Is the pattern as instructed durable, or did you have to make changes? The overall outfit is simply stunning!
Aroura said... (5/5/10 5:26 PM) Reply
Absolutely amazing work! Any royal would be proud to wear it. I would also like to see more pics! All the trim and detail sounds amazing!
Paris75008 said... (5/5/10 5:20 PM) Reply
It looks so authentic. It's absolutely stunning. You are very talented
LorrieAnn said... (5/5/10 5:00 PM) Reply
oops - duplicate
LorrieAnn said... (5/5/10 5:00 PM) Reply
Very, very impressive! No wonder you received so many ribbons. Please, if you can, add more pictures.
no7262 said... (5/5/10 4:56 PM) Reply
Just stunning! It's a work of art! Nora :)
addicted2fabric said... (5/5/10 3:52 PM) Reply
This sounds amazing. Unfortunately the thumbnail photo isnt enlarging so we can see it better. Are you able to add more photo's to better show off all your hard work?

by: Jasst282

THE SKIRTS - A CD Book By Kenneth King

THE SKIRTS - A CD Book By Kenneth King

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

by: fern1knits