Pattern Reviews> Other> American Weekly 9110

Posted on:4/30/10 0:20 AM
Last Updated:4/30/10 0:21 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
EyeSew1 said... (5/17/10 1:21 PM) Reply
Your alterations were perfect. Great fit, great looking dress on you. Good choices all around.
wreninrome said... (5/4/10 8:41 AM) Reply
fabulous! way to go
DesignsByDenise said... (5/3/10 11:20 AM) Reply
The dress is very flattering on you. I really like the yoke - it lays flat with no gaping, a major fitting challenge. Great job - all eyes will be on you at the wedding - you'd better not stand too close to the bride!
fourkid said... (5/3/10 10:37 AM) Reply
I fully concur with your conclusion! Great dress.
Margaret said... (5/3/10 1:32 AM) Reply
Wonderful dress, congratulations!
AnneM said... (5/2/10 7:49 PM) Reply
Right on style! What a classic. Very nice.
aireal said... (5/1/10 7:29 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress on you, love the alterations details. I'm really loving these vintage styles and reviews. Would love to see it with the bolero.
Selina said... (5/1/10 4:27 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the kind praise! This was so much fun, and I actually entered a contest on time! homejewel, the fabric swap I went to is through the Meetup Portland Sewing Circle. I think they are hostimg another one soon. It was much more of a sale than a swap per se, but it was neat to see some people's stashes!
colorkitten said... (5/1/10 9:00 AM) Reply
I can see why you love it! congrats and well done!
Danvillegirl said... (5/1/10 8:05 AM) Reply
I love this pattern. I am going to start a search for it. Great style. I think you look damn good in it also. Very flattering style for you. Great job!
maryfrana said... (4/30/10 7:39 PM) Reply
Wonderful shape to this dress.
JillyBe said... (4/30/10 3:59 PM) Reply
What a flattering look for you! Great job, & I appreciate the altering comments you gave - it gives me hope for grading or altering a vintage pattern!
RLL said... (4/30/10 1:34 PM) Reply
That is a fabulous dress. You did yourself proud and ,yes, you do look damn good in it!
Marie_P. said... (4/30/10 11:24 AM) Reply
The dress fits you beautifully and its such a classic color. You can dress it up or down.
MagpieJen said... (4/30/10 11:02 AM) Reply
Wonderful work! I can so why you are so proud of it! On the slideshow you wrote that you thought you raised the waist-seam a little too much - I think it looks great as is! I bet the dress is meant to be narrowest where you are narrowest (on most people this is just at the bottom of the ribs) and on the back photo you can see that you pretty much nailed it! So flattering on you!
Scheryka said... (4/30/10 10:47 AM) Reply
Ha ha. I agree you do look awsome. This dress is very well made. Lovin the bodice. The back ddarts are perfect.
MaryDB said... (4/30/10 10:46 AM) Reply
I am in love with that pattern! The dress turned out great - and what a perfect style that's current today.
psgates said... (4/30/10 8:22 AM) Reply
Fabulous!
snuzal said... (4/30/10 5:17 AM) Reply
You do look great in this! The shape really suits you, love the neckline. You've done a wonderful job of the construction, but of course the dress would look nothing on a coathanger! Loving it
mendospot said... (4/30/10 1:35 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!!!
homejewel said... (4/30/10 1:06 AM) Reply
Great job on your classy dress. The fit is wonderful. I'm intrigued about that PDX fabric swap (I'm in PDX area).
lyndle said... (4/27/10 3:20 AM) Reply
Great dress! Well spotted pattern! Thanks for the detail about how you made these alterations, I have been wondering about back bodice alterations and your photos and description have taught me quite a bit. Will look forward to seeing the finished dress.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122