Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Member since: 2/25/04
Skill level:Expert/Couture
Posted on:4/26/10 10:50 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

nightmoon said... (1/23/11 1:07 PM) Reply
I, too made this dress. I loved it so much I made it in two colors, deep forest green and deep purple. I wish i would have thought of making a fabric 'slide' instead of sewing in a buckle because I too wanted to wear a pin.. oh well, next time. I think if you make a toil of muslin as on comment mentioned, it will fit much differently than the stretch knit meant to be used. altogether a fabulous dress.
PittyPat said... (5/25/10 8:22 PM) Reply
Christmas Hills, to keep the gathering on the midriff in place before you insert the zipper, baste the gathers to the midriff stay about 1/2" in from edge. That is the only gathering that is involved in the zipper/center back seam. I used an invisible zipper as it is applied on the rightside of the fabric - so did not have to deal with the fold-over sections that a regular zipper would have. Then after the invisilbe zipper was sewn in, I hand-stitched the lining [back top and midriff] into place keeping it back from the teeth of the zipper. Really went in easily. Oh...one other thing, I did lighten the presser foot pressure one notch. Good luck on your dress.
ChristmasHills said... (5/14/10 0:43 AM) Reply
Hello Pitty Pat. I am making this dress and about to do the zipper. Any hints on how to handle all the layers of gathering? Much appreciated.
annie11 said... (5/13/10 4:43 PM) Reply
Love the color- it looks stunning on you. Thanks for the tip about the FBA.
Acient3 said... (5/6/10 7:40 PM) Reply
Your work is beautiful, you look stunning, you made me want to make that dress for myself.
ChristmasHills said... (4/28/10 8:49 AM) Reply
I've been hoping someone would review this dress. I have just begun making it for a bridesmaid in a gorgeous purple jersey. I'm a bit worried that the weight of the skirt might pull the whole thing down in a weird way - we shall see. I have also made a muslin, so far just of the bodice, and it seemed much too large - I am going to have to go down a size. Loved your idea of the tube instead of a buckle - my girl is searching out a buckle as we speak - at least I hope she is.
Babe B said... (4/27/10 1:21 PM) Reply
Elegant! Great review also.
carolynw said... (4/27/10 9:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress - you look so regal in it!! Love the color. Great review
Gelbean said... (4/27/10 8:59 AM) Reply
Your dress is stunning and the color looks so beautiful on you. It's definitely a movie star dress.
Re Becca said... (4/27/10 7:54 AM) Reply
Wonderful job, that is so incredibly flattering! You make this look so glamorous!
Sweetiebop said... (4/27/10 7:20 AM) Reply
Gorgeous. This dress is great on you.
mm said... (4/27/10 4:50 AM) Reply
I hope you had a great time at the ball. You certainly look the part.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (4/27/10 1:55 AM) Reply
You look stunning, a gorgeous dress in a gorgeous colour and it works really well as a formal ballgown with the full petticoat underneath. Just thinking about hemming it gives me a headache!
TheaBerlin said... (4/27/10 0:19 AM) Reply
Wonderful job! You really look like a movie star ;-)

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB322

by: Deepika

Lolita Patterns Gunmetal

Lolita Patterns Gunmetal

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)

by: Paulapants