Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5425 (Miss Petite Dresses and Belt)

Reviewed by:Big in Japan

About Big in Japanstar
JAPAN
Member since: 4/13/10
Posted on:5/3/10 1:58 AM

beangirl said... (5/7/10 11:33 PM) Reply
Ooo, sorry I didn't get here sooner. Hmmm. Well, now I see what you mean about the shapeless sack dress. Um... and I hate to say it, but basically this is that same dress that I made for TLo and The Big One... er... which means you're wearing the same dress the 6-year-olds are wearing. I can see where that wouldn't end well. On the other hand, totally excellent beach wrap! It is cute fabric. Curious to see if you alter it into something else. You'll have to update your review.
nicegirl said... (5/4/10 11:54 AM) Reply
Oh dear, too bad the end result wasn't pleasing you. :( I like the fabric, though.
Big in Japan said... (5/3/10 9:56 PM) Reply
Thanks! Tried it belted but didn't care for it that way either. I actually like the way it looks in photos better than real life, so maybe it will become a house dress. hmmmm
MNBarb said... (5/3/10 6:11 PM) Reply
Don't cut it. Just wear it around home if you don't love it. I think it looks cool and comfy.
marec said... (5/3/10 9:58 AM) Reply
I like this pattern and your dress very much. Have you considered adding a belt? That might save it from your scissors ;-) I made a similar look recently and wear it around the house and yard.

HotPatterns 1173