Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1101 (Slouchy Fly-front skirt)

Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

About Sew4Funstarstarstarstar
VIC Australia
Member since: 6/23/04
Posted on:4/28/10 10:56 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 31 people
ils1961 said... (2/10/16 6:47 PM) Reply
So glad I read this! At least now I'll be prepared! This skirt is next on my list, and I have some concerns about the sizing having done a muslin for another HP where the collar is 3" wider (yes really) than the size on the packet. I'm not a beginner so I understand ease, but I am starting to worry about their sizing. Has anyone else found them to be over generous? ?
Elle D said... (7/5/10 9:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for taking the time to post this warning, I'll certainly measure before I cut. Have you sent a comment to Trudy?
clien65 said... (6/23/10 4:59 PM) Reply
Thank you for the tip. I just made the skirt in a size 10 and I had to redraw the waistband as you indicated, but now it is perfect and I love the skirt.
GraveFlower said... (5/16/10 7:41 PM) Reply
Doesn't this review count as a work in progress? Thanks for the tip but since you have not seemed to have sewn anything I couldn't find this helpful. Sorry.
chrisquilts_2 said... (4/30/10 10:07 AM) Reply
thanks for the warning...I'm right ready to cut.
Leslie in NZ said... (4/29/10 9:08 PM) Reply
Belinda. I seldom read reviews that have no project picture. I read this one because you wrote it. You may want to add something as the project picture to get better readership?
becca a said... (4/29/10 7:14 PM) Reply
Oh, is that why I had such a miserable time with the waistband? It sure isn't shaped like me. Thank you for this explanation. I look forward to seeing your skirt.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS