Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7847 (Very Easy Vogue Dress)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:5/2/10 12:47 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
sfshaza said... (5/11/10 2:44 PM) Reply
Really cute dress, Barbara! It looks great on you! Yes, Ann and Lynn Rowe are right about Sandra's recommendations. If you look at any of the linens for sale on Marcy Tilton's site, she mentions this recommendation. However, a couple folks I know who have tried this tell me it makes no difference, so YMMV. Anyway, another winner!
Amanda S. said... (5/7/10 0:50 AM) Reply
Great dress on you! I especially love the sleeves and that little peek of skin.
Karine said... (5/3/10 3:35 PM) Reply
Your dress is such a flattering style - looks great on you. I'm just disappointed that the pattern is OOP!
Rebecca D said... (5/3/10 6:46 AM) Reply
This dress is great, very chic and simple. Your alterations with the belt positioning turned out very well.
tess said... (5/3/10 5:29 AM) Reply
Really lovely dress, the style and colour really suit you!
DorothyK said... (5/2/10 11:10 PM) Reply
Very nice. I like the easy fit and I love the sleeves. It looks great on you. I always put vinegar in the wash water to set the color of new fabric. I don't know if it's an old wives' tale, but it seems to work for me.
Barbara V said... (5/2/10 8:09 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the comments!....Ann and LynnRowe your correction is appreciated on the order of treating the linen. Next time I will do it in that order, in the meantime I'm searching for my notes taken in Sandra's class. denese, I found it....just type in this URL...www.ecrater.com and put in your search item. Also denese, sure, longer would be nice too. As to stretch jersey, probably not with the button holes. A more stable knit without much stretch, plus good interfacing down the front probably would work. Barbara
denese said... (5/2/10 7:43 PM) Reply
ecrater a couple Kim mentioned this site re the patern i tried to google it but nothing cam up. ???
denese said... (5/2/10 7:38 PM) Reply
Now that is a me dress Barbara perhaps if we google it we may find it, Can you lengthen it could one use a stretch jersey
sew2little said... (5/2/10 6:30 PM) Reply
A wonderful dress for hot Valley days! Marci
FreyaStark said... (5/2/10 6:11 PM) Reply
A lovely dress, smart but relaxed at the same time.
LynnRowe said... (5/2/10 5:52 PM) Reply
Sandra's tip would have been: press with hot iron *before* tossing into washer & dryer. Anyhoo, gorgeous dress, perfect for summer days!
Kim12469 said... (5/2/10 5:38 PM) Reply
So cute! I just bought this pattern on ecrater a couple weeks ago. I'm so glad you reviewed it. It looks wonderful.
marec said... (5/2/10 5:24 PM) Reply
ooohhh, I have nothing but pattern lust now! That dress is perfect for you. Love the sleeve detail, and the D ring belt.
MNBarb said... (5/2/10 4:31 PM) Reply
You can't miss with linen, and how smart of you to get dolled-up for the photo. The dress looks great on you, hand-fashioned rather than homemade. Thanks for the review. Even though the pattern is not longer in print the finished result is inspiring.
blue mooney said... (5/2/10 4:30 PM) Reply
cool and classic!
magoe6217 said... (5/2/10 4:02 PM) Reply
Everything you make looks wonderful on you. Another highly successful project and finished in plenty of time to enjoy this summer.
khunter said... (5/2/10 3:45 PM) Reply
so cute!!!! I wish it were mine!!
Christas said... (5/2/10 3:25 PM) Reply
Very cute dress on you! I love how you accessorized it! I NEED your shoes and necklace. LOL!
neufy said... (5/2/10 1:37 PM) Reply
I HAVE the pattern and was thinking about it a few days ago. Lovely!!! Will have to get on this.
Ann Smith said... (5/2/10 1:21 PM) Reply
Very cute dress. I love the color. I remember Sandra's comments also but I think she said to iron it with high heat first, before washing. Could that be right?

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Liberated Lola and Lolita Aprons