Pattern Reviews> Other> New York Pattern 999

Posted on:4/30/10 3:36 PM

Other Projects by Andreahg using this Pattern

Vesta Patterns

wreninrome said... (5/4/10 8:44 AM) Reply
wow it looks so well it!
fourkid said... (5/3/10 8:25 AM) Reply
Very nice - I think it looks great - and my daughter (reading over my shoulder) agrees!
Margaret said... (5/3/10 0:40 AM) Reply
That is such a cute outfit! I love the fabrics and the fit, and I think it looks flattering!
AnneM said... (5/2/10 7:57 PM) Reply
What a neat style. Seems to be that it works for your figure. It's cute, fun, and shapely.
arianamaniacs said... (5/1/10 2:11 PM) Reply
Your dress is darling! I think it is a flattering style for full figures. It comes in at the sides and has shape instead of hanging straight down like most RTW. But I think a belt would be a good accessory - there's a lot of material since the jumper comes up your midriff. It would break up the pattern nicely. Nice job!
LornaJay said... (5/1/10 5:11 AM) Reply
I like the shape. In terms of flattering, have you considered making it in a solid fabric with jeans-style topstitching to highlight the vertical seams? No idea if it would work, but it's a thought....
sewnsewtoo said... (5/1/10 1:08 AM) Reply
Really cute outfit. It takes me back to my youth.
woodenheart said... (5/1/10 0:17 AM) Reply
I love 30s separates, and jumpers. And plaid! And kamikat! :) I agree with magpie about making or wearing a belt! You are so fast. Earlier this week I thought about making a dress to enter. During all of my hem and hawing you were grading up a jumper and blouse!
MaryDB said... (4/30/10 11:03 PM) Reply
Well how cute is that! It makes a charming outfit, nice work, great pattern.
graustark said... (4/30/10 5:36 PM) Reply
Well, it's looking pretty darn flattering from over here! I have a thing for jumpers too, and this one looks great. The blouse looks perfectly fresh and crisp, too -- a perfect pairing. Lovely!
MagpieJen said... (4/30/10 5:36 PM) Reply
So cute! I need more separates too. The blouse is fantastic! I think the jumper is cute as well - I wonder if adding a little belt (like the other view on the envelope has) is worth trying to see if you like it better that way?
All About Linings
All About Linings

Sew Liberated Mariposa Tee Pattern

Sew Liberated Mariposa Tee Pattern

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)