Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1203 (Tank Top and Shell)

Viewed 1934 times
Reviewed by:Cynthia Saska

About Cynthia Saskastar
TX
Posted on:4/12/04 3:43 PM
Last Updated:4/13/04 7:17 PM
Review Rating: Needs More Info by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Cynthia Saska said... (4/18/04 3:21 PM) Reply
I compared this top (in size L) with the Mission tank (size M)--the armhole is cut in more on the Textile Studio shell. The Mission tank sort of A-lines down to the hem whereas the curve on the shell is more subtle. The tank is 1 1/2" longer and feels a little boxier to me since there's more ease through the waist and hips.
anna mermaid said... (4/14/04 5:34 PM) Reply
Cynthia, your work is very inspiring. Could you tell us how the Textile Studio shell differs from the Sewing Workshop shell that comes with the Mission Jacket pattern. I noticed you have made both of them.
Cynthia Saska said... (4/14/04 9:54 AM) Reply
No, I don't change the size for different fabrics, but it is interesting to see how the same pattern can vary so much depending on the fabric used. The tops don't have darts, but the side seams are graded into slight curves and slightly eased creating some shape in the front. I don't need to make a full-bust adjustment.
Danvillegirl said... (4/14/04 5:50 AM) Reply
Have not tried this pattern but your shell looks good and obviously you have had great success with this pattern.
Mini said... (4/13/04 9:26 AM) Reply
I have made both the shell and the tank. The tank seems best suited for knits, or for figures with a B cup or smaller. I am 5'4" with a C bust, and can wear the shell unaltered (but just barely.) I usually raise the armholes on TS patterns, but didn't need to with these. The shell does seem to work in lots of fabrics, and can be layered like a vest over a close fitting tee.
Rebecca D said... (4/13/04 6:12 AM) Reply
How was the fit in the armholes? Also, did you have to do a full bust adjustment? I'm looking for a tank top shell pattern and just want one good one. Maybe this is it.
Liana said... (4/13/04 0:08 AM) Reply
Sounds like I need this pattern. I like the LH patterns I've made.
Johsews said... (4/12/04 8:44 PM) Reply
I've been using this pattern a lot too. Did you have to size up for the linen?

Understanding Wool Fabrics