Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2938 (Princess Seam Tank)

Review submitted in Natural Fibres Contest Contest
Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:5/4/10 11:27 AM
Last Updated:5/24/12 10:59 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Plus
homewerk said... (6/4/12 1:56 AM) Reply
Winner! Cute top and great fabric.
wendyrb said... (6/2/12 1:13 PM) Reply
Wonderful top and review. Your info on FOE is better than most I've found from internet searches, so double thanks for that. Based on your detailed review, I may add this pattern to my comically long project line up.
GoodbyeValntino said... (5/25/12 7:16 AM) Reply
What a great top and perfect pullover! Thanks so much for the great review!
imsewcrazy said... (5/24/12 8:29 PM) Reply
Very pretty!
Barbara V said... (5/24/12 8:02 PM) Reply
Both versions are really nice. I agree, for a woven fabric, these are a nice shape and flattering and also look nice belted.
velosewer said... (5/24/12 7:04 PM) Reply
This is very pretty. I'd go back to Vietnam at a moments notice. It's such a great place to visit.
JEF said... (5/24/12 3:06 PM) Reply
Wonderful and great explanation/photos of the FOE. Thanks.
kristinlala said... (6/30/11 11:39 PM) Reply
Super cute!!!!!
nicegirl said... (5/10/10 8:05 AM) Reply
GSP, I hadn't even noticed that it called for a zipper! I didn't use one. I added that to the review.
gsp1066 said... (5/9/10 12:21 PM) Reply
The bias binding is a big improvement. Do you think you could have omitted the zipper in a nonstretch woven?
colorkitten said... (5/5/10 9:49 AM) Reply
How cute! And I love your bias binding on the neck. I think it's a definite improvement!
Big in Japan said... (5/4/10 10:07 PM) Reply
Love the fabric. Death to facings! Bindings rule!
Sew4Fun said... (5/4/10 7:50 PM) Reply
Nice top. I've been contemplating sewing this in a knit so knowing the bindings work for this pattern is helpful. Thanks.
FreyaStark said... (5/4/10 6:17 PM) Reply
A lovely top, and a nice job on the neck and sleeve bindings, too.
Andrea670 said... (5/4/10 5:20 PM) Reply
I love the fabric on this one. Nice job as always.
poplin said... (5/4/10 3:57 PM) Reply
Am I ever glad that I've remembered to add you to my faves... I'm learning so much from you and you inspire me to sew, sew, sew! Thanks a bunch. BTW, you look awesome in this tank top.
Mufffet said... (5/4/10 2:48 PM) Reply
GREAT fabric, and this top is extremely flattering on you. Quite versatile a piece, as you mention!
Terri A said... (5/4/10 2:18 PM) Reply
Is this the one you did the burn test on (podcast) and realized it was even better than you thought? It is very pretty. Wow stretch silk charmeuse for only three dollars a yard...
Mirakel said... (5/4/10 12:26 PM) Reply
Very nice - I like the adjustments that you made - deleted the facing and used the binding as a design feature, it adds a little extra interest!
marec said... (5/4/10 11:51 AM) Reply
So cute-and the fabric is great with your coloring. I agree with you on the woven top issue and have found that S2917 can be used as a top even without a zipper.