Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6124 (McCall's)

Reviewed by:DreinPA

About DreinPAstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 4/5/06
Posted on:5/16/10 8:34 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Plus
MNBarb said... (5/22/10 8:31 AM) Reply
I can't believe I did this. I just bought this pattern because it was so cute in the book. When I came to PR to see if anyone reviewed it, I realized it was this review that I had already seen with not-good comments from you. Oh well, now that I own it I will give it a shot. It will be helpful to see what didn't work for you so I can fix those things before I start cutting. Thanks for all of the tips.
MNBarb said... (5/16/10 3:32 PM) Reply
I made a dress just like this when I was a teenager with all of the same issues. The issue with a straight dress is how to keep the ease equally distrubuted. It looks cute on the wearer.
marec said... (5/16/10 9:21 AM) Reply
What a great review. The result of all your hard work is a great shirtdress. I just read a blog entry of a redo of a giant man's shirt into a cute shirt dress just like yours. Nice work and the belt does the trick!
dfr2010 said... (5/5/10 6:09 PM) Reply
Pattern tetris? I recall playing that game with a must-have remnant ... May the Force be with you!