Online Sewing Class: Understanding Sheer Fabrics
Eureka! Pants that Fit.">Fun with Fitting - PANTS Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8659 (Misses'/Misses' Petite Tunic,)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:5/7/10 9:19 PM
Last Updated:5/7/10 9:20 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Pants
LSG said... (8/16/11 11:52 AM) Reply
Very creative - especially the neckline - I wouldn't have thought of it! Thanks for the inspiration.
carnelian said... (5/9/10 5:28 PM) Reply
The thing I like best about this pattern is the lovely priviledge of seeing Karen Jorgensen ( I hope I have her name right) modeling Vogue patterns again. She was an inspiring manniquen and a radiant, intelligent woman of style in the Vogue pattern books of the later 1960's and '70s...and now the two thousand teens. She embodies a complex truth and beauty in women that invites individual expression in self presentation, which is the reason many women choose to sew.
sewsewboy said... (5/9/10 3:37 PM) Reply
Like the dress. If the volume is an issue, use a wide rope or macrame or woven leather belt. Trap some of the volume or sling it low. Gives you an option. This looks very Issey Miyake, Rei Kawabuko or Yohji Yamamoto. Very Japanaese 1980s Post Industrial Chic
DorothyK said... (5/9/10 12:49 PM) Reply
I love this. Knit is the way to go. I can't wait to make it myself.
sfshaza said... (5/9/10 0:18 AM) Reply
Very nice! I also bought this pattern after Auntie Allyn's review. I was thinking about a knit, so thanks for testing it out!!
JodieT said... (5/8/10 7:36 PM) Reply
I would have never picked out this pattern with out reading you Aunti Allyns review. This dress looks great on you all. It would make a great dress to kick around the lake in, in the summers in Arkansas. Thanks for review.
Winifred said... (5/8/10 5:56 PM) Reply
I'm thrilled to see this made up Anne, so much better than the pattern view.Its very very striking but also wearable and looks fab ! As for the nightgown, well I think you are Wendy in Peter Pan - how about an audition ?!! Stunning.
SueV said... (5/8/10 1:29 PM) Reply
so cute! I think I gotta make this one now... it says "summertime, and the livin' is easy..."
MNBarb said... (5/8/10 7:58 AM) Reply
I like your dress better than the pattern illustration. The neckline and armhole finishing add much to the design, very cleaver. I think you will find yourself slipping into this dress many times in the summer. Very comfy. I could double as a swimsuit cover-up.
Rebecca D said... (5/8/10 7:55 AM) Reply
You look stunning in this.
no7262 said... (5/8/10 7:32 AM) Reply
Ann, LOVE seeing your reviews! You always are making such interesting clothing! This looks wonderful in the knit! I think that I have about 10 yards of green in my stash.....Do you know where I could find a tut on the way you did the bindings? Nora :)
susiestitcher said... (5/8/10 7:10 AM) Reply
Wow! I also love unusual styles, at least to dream about, so seeing yours is quite inspiring. Beautiful color and neat binding technique. You look super in this dress!
hmacski said... (5/8/10 6:47 AM) Reply
Ann: I love the dress and think the knit version w/ bias trim is a terrific idea. Beautiful (amazingly beautiful) necklace is the perfect accent. I think you have THE BEST sense of style.
FreyaStark said... (5/8/10 1:59 AM) Reply
A cute and original dress. I like the curled bands at the neck, and the way the front seems to be long enough to cover your knee, unlike the pattern illustration.
Kayseri said... (5/8/10 1:50 AM) Reply
Lovely summer dress, relaxed but stylish.
Schnauzer said... (5/8/10 1:12 AM) Reply
Lovely dress!
Izzie said... (5/7/10 11:04 PM) Reply
Love this dress in knit! Your reviews are always inspiring!
Barbara V said... (5/7/10 10:49 PM) Reply
This looks terrific on you! Love the knit too and how it changes the look into as you say more weighted and drapey.
kcstarr49 said... (5/7/10 10:16 PM) Reply
Cute! Not many people can rock it but you definitely are!
CarolynGM said... (5/7/10 9:45 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress. Very striking.

Understanding Sheer Fabrics