Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2010-110 (grandfather shirt with tucks)

Reviewed by:inkstain

About inkstainstarstar
Member since: 8/23/07
Posted on:5/8/10 12:17 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
valerie sews said... (7/24/10 5:13 PM) Reply
Everything you sew is beautiful! I'm thinking of making this shirt and I thank you for reviewing it.
Ellenatlga said... (5/9/10 8:28 AM) Reply
I'm in 100% agreement with your protests! I go cross-eyed every time I trace those patterns! Your shirt is beautiful!
MichelleE said... (5/9/10 0:49 AM) Reply
I love this shirt, looks very comfortable! I agree with you completely about the new Burda eye strain. I use a highlighter on the pieces I'm cutting.
Heidi Ho said... (5/8/10 10:13 PM) Reply
Nice shirt! It looks very nice with the pants.
moushka said... (5/8/10 6:42 PM) Reply
Wonderful shirt, love the pleating and the collar. The outfit looks very chic. I agree that pleating first makes the most sense, a technique from heirloom sewing. Can't imagine why so many pattern instructions use the other method. Great review.
inkstain said... (5/8/10 3:43 PM) Reply
I cut a 38 in the shoulder area and graded out to a 40. Normally that would be a 42-43 around the hips, but obviously here, it wasn't necessary at all. Yes, good idea, Zazzie, I think I'll wear it with a belt to bring in the volume.
zazzie said... (5/8/10 1:11 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review - It looks great on you. I want to make the shirt too, I was looking for a "basic" ovesize shirt which I love to wear belted over a pair of jeans. May I ask you what size you cut ?

MariaDenmark 101