Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6735 (Misses Knit Cardigan Tops Pant)

Reviewed by:Mazzygirl

Last Updated:5/9/10 3:47 AM
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants    Skirts

Other Projects by Mazzygirl using this Pattern

1SewSweet said... (5/10/10 7:09 PM) Reply
What a great idea! Both your tops look great! and I totally love this idea! Great job!!
Mazzygirl said... (5/10/10 3:53 AM) Reply
I was very pleased with how good the stripes looked on the twist overlay. Makes me want to make another one for myself! (wider stripe though, that one does things to my eyes!) The lady I made it for loved it, I gave it to her today. homejewel, I added extra hem allowance on the neck edges (rather than using binding) & turned it under, topstitching with my coverstitch machine. I hemmed front & back necklines separately, as well as the overlay hems. I then assembled the twist pieces, then pinned in place before sewing side & shoulder seams. Sleeves were set in, as usual (make sure you keep the twist piece attatched to the front bodice - if you're not paying attention a disaster could strike at this step!) Hope that makes sense? You can enlarge the photo to have a closer look by clicking on it (once you do that there's a little magnifying glass symbol to make it larger again) I get good value out my patterns! (that's my justification for buying so many!!!)
sewrelaxed said... (5/9/10 3:06 PM) Reply
Love it. Great idea morphing the two patterns.
homejewel said... (5/9/10 11:39 AM) Reply
I love it. 6735 is my TNT and I have the other pattern, too, so I'm going to have to give it a try. How are you finishing the neckline?
whirrclunk said... (5/9/10 9:20 AM) Reply
I would never have guessed that the overlay would work so well in stripes. NL6802 is going straight to my wish list!