Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2010-120 (five-pocket jeans)

Reviewed by:inkstain

About inkstainstarstar
Member since: 8/23/07
Posted on:5/10/10 7:16 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Seamingly Simple said... (5/11/10 8:54 PM) Reply
Your white jeans look fantastic.
Janiki said... (5/11/10 3:07 PM) Reply
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of making these too, but your description of mom jeans says it all. Think I'll look for another pattern for myself. But nevertheless, you made those mom jeans real nice.
Heidi Ho said... (5/10/10 3:46 PM) Reply
Great looking pair of jeans!! I love reading your reviews they are always so informative.
GlobalMom said... (5/10/10 11:33 AM) Reply
Your jeans look great! I'm getting ready to start sewing jeans too instead of fighting at the stores to find some that fit. I find that the "mom style" jeans actually fit me best, and it's good to know that this issues (which I already have) has a good set.
persevering said... (5/10/10 10:59 AM) Reply
Thank you for your inspiring review! I like the fit of your jeans compared to skinny jeans, which are suitable quite frankly for the young and skinny, which is not me either, though I am a quite fit looking over 50. And I love your jeans in white with the white shirt - a beautiful classic look - which is my absolute favorite.
inkstain said... (5/10/10 10:40 AM) Reply
Uh, Allie, let's see, I envy your holiday in the Philippines, your cool Midlevels apartment with the Buddhas, your ability to jog right over to Lan Kwai Fong and eat Thai with Marc Faber and yes, your fortieth birthday. You are a Kid, kid! About the only thing that doesn't fall apart when you hit my age is your lifetime membership to the FCC and the length of your legs.
inkstain said... (5/10/10 10:38 AM) Reply
Dear Re Becca, They sit right on the waist, which is why I call them Mom Jeans. I'm of a "certain age," but even I wish they were an inch below the waist. Still, Burda delivered what they promised on the lidóclassic jeans that go with the polo shirts, etc., Ralph Laurenesque Long Island clothes they feature in the whole section of the magazine. So dorky, they're cool?
Re Becca said... (5/10/10 10:11 AM) Reply
I was just looking at this pattern for new jeans. How far below your waist do they sit, or how long is the rise on these?
Allie in Hong Kong said... (5/10/10 10:01 AM) Reply
Fantastic jeans, the detailing and fit are superb. I confess to being somewhat envious you need to lengthen them by 9cm! At least Burda is pretty consistent sizewise so now you have your adjustments figured out future pants should be easy!
inkstain said... (5/10/10 9:12 AM) Reply
Dear Nancy Rhodes, The cape review is accessible by clicking above on Inkstain for all my reviews, or directly here: http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/readreview.pl?readreview=1&reviewnum=37704
beth5646 said... (5/10/10 9:11 AM) Reply
That's a great looking pair of jeans. Thanks for the very helpful review and I love your website. You have made some gorgeous clothes.
Nancy Rhodes said... (5/10/10 8:57 AM) Reply
Hey Great Job and excellent review... I clicked on your thumbnail... and then scrolled down and enjoyed looking at your 'work'... I have fallen in love with your cape... it is just lovely. If you reviewed it here, I am sorry I missed it... I would have gushed in the review there too. Thanks!
SewSho said... (5/10/10 8:49 AM) Reply
Great pants and enjoyed reading your review!:)
Kay Y said... (5/10/10 8:37 AM) Reply
Congratulations on a great-looking pair of white jeans. And welcome to the Burda pants fan club!
Dianna Cardwell said... (5/10/10 7:54 AM) Reply
Great jeans, & great review. I, too am trying to learn the "whole center back seam" thing. I'm getting better at it. I like the way you can fit if you use this method. Thanks for posting your reiview, congrats.
ryansmumAria said... (5/10/10 7:28 AM) Reply
Your story is quite interesting! To this point, I have refused to do any pattern tracing. I just don't have the patience and admire anyone willing to do this (p.s AND I use to be a 1st Pattern maker)

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB322