Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5982

Reviewed by:ReneeO

About ReneeO
Member since: 10/20/03

Posted on:4/15/04 4:21 PM
See other patterns in this category: Toddlers
JDpenelope said... (4/21/04 9:28 PM) Reply
Renee, I would be *bursting* with pride had I made these darling outfits. Love your embellishments and your stick-to-it-ive-ness. I'm a beginner, too, and enjoy reading experiences like yours--the struggles sound *so familiar*, and make me feel more "normal" somehow, while spurring me on to greater adventures!
drsue said... (4/17/04 11:57 AM) Reply
These outfits are adorable!!! Your experience with this pattern shows there is more than one way to skin a cat. I used steam a seam when I attached some trim reacently and it made it so much easier than it had ever been in the past. You might consider it for trim attachment in the future. BTW, V-necks are a pain, takes a lot of practice to really get them down. You really did a very, very nice job. You should be very proud.
moushka said... (4/16/04 6:55 PM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute! I love sailor suits on little boys! Now to get busy on one for my new DGS who is due July 6th. Thanks for the inspiration. You did a great job.
PVA said... (4/16/04 10:28 AM) Reply
Great job, Renee! That v-neck and sailor collar is a challenge for any and all of us. (Looks like that little guy would just as soon be naked.)
Sew it seams said... (4/16/04 9:21 AM) Reply
Renee you did a wonderful job. No one would know you are a "beginner"! I love the beach photo. :)
Lou. said... (4/16/04 9:13 AM) Reply
OH my word, they are adorable. I have a similar oop pattern in Kwiksew that I really want to try now!
Joos said... (4/15/04 11:28 PM) Reply
These are so cute!
ReneeO said... (4/15/04 10:43 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the sweet comments. I should probably be *ashamed* I'm so proud of these! I always wonder, as inexperienced as I am, if it will be helpful to anyone to post a review. I guess the drive to show off my hard work is the greatest motivator. I partake of the fruits of this site daily and feel a little guilty for not having much to give back. Maybe one day I will sew as well as the Gigi's and Ann's of this world... Until then, I appreciate the encouragement, It does the heart good.... :) Thanks
SandraB said... (4/15/04 10:20 PM) Reply
Renee, these suits are absolutely gorgeous. Great job and great review. I have been looking for a sailor collar kids pattern for a long time, because my daughter's school uniform has a sailor collar and I had to draft my own pattern when I made them the first time. Now that you have pointed me in the right direction, I won't have to draft from scratch again when my second daughter starts school. Thanks.
Evatgirl73 said... (4/15/04 9:56 PM) Reply
Too cute!! Great review with lots of great tips! You have to update later with a pic of them IN the suits ;-), bet they look adorable!!!
Leslie in Austin said... (4/15/04 5:59 PM) Reply
So precious!!! The beach pic made me smile. So sweet. :-)
mickisews said... (4/15/04 5:40 PM) Reply
Sooo Cute. I am going to have my first grandson in July, and have been kidding the new father to be, that I would make him a sailor suit (a I did for his father :>) Glad to see that there are still sailor suit patterns availible. Michele
Gina Marie said... (4/15/04 4:28 PM) Reply
As the soon to be Mother of a little boy and the proud wife of a US Sailor I have to say that these little outfits came out WONDERFULLY !! I hadn't seen this pattern and I am going to get it ASAP. Thanks for the heads up on construction !!
clare said... (4/15/04 4:24 PM) Reply
They are SO CUTE!

Christine Jonson Swing Jacket

Christine Jonson Swing Jacket

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)