Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1169 (Misses' Jacket And Skirt)

Reviewed by:brocadegoddess

About brocadegoddessstar
Member since: 5/25/08
Posted on:5/11/10 4:24 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 37 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Skirts
prostheticsgirl said... (3/13/13 2:23 PM) Reply
WOW, amazing! I think Vogue should have your version on the pattern envelope. Great details
a life in stitches said... (7/19/11 6:11 AM) Reply
It's lovely - well done. I have just made this suit too, and am really pleased with it. I would also encourage intermediate-advanced sewers to have a go. Make a toile, practice techniques that are new to you, have fun.
Patchoulie said... (5/28/11 12:10 PM) Reply
Wow! Excellent job! I am trying to get hold of this pattern and give it a shot! Thank you for the inspiration!
anwen said... (5/5/11 7:51 AM) Reply
That's gorgeous! *deeply impressed*
florenceandkids said... (12/30/10 10:36 PM) Reply
Divine suit. I'm going to attempt to make this suit in the new year - I can only hope that it looks as good as yours.
salsera7 said... (8/24/10 5:02 PM) Reply
You did a fantastic job with impeccable detailing. Very well done!
3HoursPast said... (8/7/10 9:01 AM) Reply
I Just love this suit. I can't stop re-visiting. :)
valgal said... (7/21/10 1:36 AM) Reply
You have out done your self. Your suit is gorgous and your handy work was amazing.
valgal said... (7/21/10 1:36 AM) Reply
Gordita1616 said... (7/19/10 2:05 PM) Reply
Thank you for sharing your photos. I spent 3 hours yesterday cutting out just the main fabric (not the lining or interfacing), and I felt a little discouraged. But after seeing your suit, I am all over this project. It looks fantastic!
Beek said... (7/11/10 9:28 AM) Reply
Fabulous creation. And what a great idea about inserting the boning in the seams to keep the jacket from scrunching while one sits down. Thanks for sharing!
nikarphar said... (6/1/10 10:00 PM) Reply
This one is AMAZING !! Looks like it came off directly from the saks rack. wow Wow Wow !!
Meredith P said... (5/29/10 7:07 PM) Reply
I'll just add to the chorus! Wow! Very inspiring! And congrats on that Masters.
mylittleelephant said... (5/29/10 7:39 AM) Reply
This is just stunning, it's such a joy to go through your photos! Thanks a lot for construction tips.
cgHipp said... (5/28/10 7:50 PM) Reply
Another vote for "WOW!!!" It looks fantastic. Great pattern on you, perfect fabric/color - amazing job!
quathy said... (5/28/10 4:02 PM) Reply
My jaw has dropped in amazement, and it may never go back quite the right way... Outstanding!!!
Jali said... (5/28/10 12:50 PM) Reply
Outstanding suit! Love the piping and all the white details which look just like delicious icing on a cake. Speaking of icing on the cake, congratulations on your contest win!
Tenshi said... (5/28/10 11:40 AM) Reply
Congratulations on winning the contest. This suit looks so amazing. I love all the exquisite details you added.
hongkongshopper said... (5/26/10 6:53 AM) Reply
Just stunning! Love everything about it. Much nicer than the grey version on the pattern.
Lana E said... (5/24/10 7:12 PM) Reply
Holy Moly I'm just blown away! What an AMAZING suit you've conjured up! I love that blue on you and your construction techniques are superb.
Seamingly Simple said... (5/24/10 12:02 PM) Reply
This is truly outstanding.
MarinaVK said... (5/23/10 2:15 PM) Reply
this is a great work!!!! thank you for sharing some vintage sewing tips! Looking forward for more reviews from you! Marina
Red Curtain said... (5/20/10 11:51 PM) Reply
Spectacular. I love the buttons, button loops, topstitching and choice of fabrics.
ggf2005 said... (5/20/10 1:47 PM) Reply
absolutely outstanding, you did a wonderful job!fabulous fit and color!
gatorgirl4325 said... (5/20/10 12:52 PM) Reply
Gorgeous suit - you can really see the time and effort that went into making such a nice garment. Congratulations!!
Paris75008 said... (5/20/10 8:33 AM) Reply
Wowee. That is the most amazing work and the most beautiful suit. You are unbelievably talented. You look absolutely gorgeous wearing that suit and having such amazing skills must have given you the self confidence you needed for your thesis defense
Mazzygirl said... (5/20/10 4:14 AM) Reply
simply incredible, totally impressive, amazing! I love your fabirc choice (gorgeous colours) & am gob-smacked at all the couture details. I have this pattern & have been looking for the ideal fabric. after seeing your excellent results I can't wait to give it a go! PS. well done on your thesis defence too! What a woman!
Jea1978 said... (5/19/10 10:01 PM) Reply
I am in love with this outfit.
whistlin dixie said... (5/19/10 9:09 PM) Reply
Wow! You've created a show-stopper of a suit! Stylish, great fit, excellent workmanship, very nice fabrics - an A+, for sure. I love the contrast piping and hand stitching. Wonderful!
Cheryl in Chicago said... (5/19/10 4:42 PM) Reply
beautiful work. I wish I had a friend with your sewing skills!
crazycurlgirl said... (5/19/10 2:21 PM) Reply
Wow! Love the piping. You look like a smart & naughty Lois Lane.
cindyann said... (5/19/10 10:34 AM) Reply
That is just beautiful! Lovely work.
mamaluv2sew said... (5/18/10 11:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful Work! Well Done!
ryansmumAria said... (5/17/10 10:49 PM) Reply
oh my! you are amazing...
SueV said... (5/17/10 5:37 PM) Reply
wow! Beautiful... love it!
DesignsByDenise said... (5/16/10 12:36 PM) Reply
Beautiful work, lovely color choice for a redhead. Now I think I have to have this pattern! You are truly an inspiration, and congratulations on your defense.
colorkitten said... (5/16/10 9:49 AM) Reply
Wow, what an amazing, gorgeous suit! I can't wait to see what you make when it's time for your PhD!
Scheryka said... (5/15/10 8:13 PM) Reply
Love this one. Looks like it came off the racks from Stein Mart. A dept store I dare not buy...pricy to me. Gorgeous.
Pinkbird said... (5/15/10 5:57 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!! Lovely construction details and fantastic color choices-a really fine piece of work that you should be proud of!! Thank you for showing it to us!!
Englishstitch said... (5/15/10 2:25 PM) Reply
Totally fabulous!! An amazing suit you've made and it fits you perfectly. I like the vintage construction techniques you've used and the fabric colour is perfect for you too! Really great! :-)
brocadegoddess said... (5/15/10 12:35 PM) Reply
Of course I don't mind Bellelass, what a compliment! And thank you again for all the wonderful comments, I really did put a lot of effort into this suit I won't lie, so it feels really good to have my hard work and patience appreciated by fellow sewists. And I kicked butt at my defense! Wish me luck with the PhD one in 4 yrs time, lol!
Sharon M said... (5/15/10 9:07 AM) Reply
Stunning! Love the additional "behind the scenes" vintage details you added. Hope the thesis defense went well.
3HoursPast said... (5/14/10 10:40 PM) Reply
I hope you don't mind, I linked to your review in a blog post. You inspire me.
3HoursPast said... (5/14/10 9:08 PM) Reply
This is so beautiful, I love how you put so much work into the details.
Mahogany Stylist said... (5/14/10 1:31 PM) Reply
OMG!!! Outstanding.
Peter in NYC said... (5/13/10 8:08 PM) Reply
Beautiful job. A wonderful color too.
Amanda S. said... (5/13/10 9:35 AM) Reply
Love it! This is definitely on my must-make list, so I'm happy to read about the vintage construction details you added. Great job, and I'm blad your thesis defense went well.
sunny74 said... (5/13/10 8:40 AM) Reply
This is just incredible. Congratulations on the defense and the suit!
nancy2001 said... (5/13/10 3:33 AM) Reply
Your suit is beautifully sewn and incredibly detailed. Just amazing. Congratulations on your thesis defense, too.
Pixie Helen said... (5/13/10 2:19 AM) Reply
fantastic. a beautiful beautiful suit, and an MA to boot! whooohoooo!
imsewcrazy said... (5/12/10 7:39 PM) Reply
jent said... (5/12/10 7:33 PM) Reply
This is such a beautiful garment - it just blows me away! Amazing.
Skymom said... (5/12/10 2:05 PM) Reply
Fantastic suit. They should have given you a PhD--wouldn't that be a great way to advance through grad school, by virtue of great clothes?!
RLL said... (5/12/10 12:48 PM) Reply
jaeng said... (5/12/10 10:13 AM) Reply
very cute, I love it. You picked the best colors for this pattern.
AuntieShel said... (5/12/10 9:08 AM) Reply
Wow, wow, wow, don't know what else to add that hasn't already been said--this is a work of art! Top notch!! What amazes me is you made it to defend your thesis. Holey moley!! First the thesis, then the suit. Unbelievable. Congrats on your thesis defense.
wreninrome said... (5/12/10 6:22 AM) Reply
You look so lovely! The suit is amazing. Congratulations!
Rosesred said... (5/12/10 3:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful suit. I love the fit, the colorchoices, everything! Very beatiful, and it looks great on you
Leora said... (5/12/10 3:26 AM) Reply
Beautiful suit!
manola6176 said... (5/12/10 2:54 AM) Reply
Areal master piece Hope the jury has been impressed
Mary Nanna said... (5/12/10 0:37 AM) Reply
piped welt pockets indeed - that is a whole new level of accomplished sewing - well done on passing your thesis and well done for making such an exquisite suit in such a short amount of time.
SeamsFabulous said... (5/11/10 11:56 PM) Reply
Simply beautiful!
JanaL said... (5/11/10 11:47 PM) Reply
This suit is just stunning. Beautiful work.
JanaL said... (5/11/10 11:47 PM) Reply

Steffani said... (5/11/10 11:14 PM) Reply
You are a knockout in that suit! Beautiful work!
Lori V said... (5/11/10 11:09 PM) Reply
Your jacket is amazing. Fantastic job.
Elke said... (5/11/10 10:04 PM) Reply
Gorgeous suit!
HLT said... (5/11/10 9:55 PM) Reply
Your jacket is stunning! The contrast piping and the hand stitching make it marvelous!
brocadegoddess said... (5/11/10 9:33 PM) Reply
Oh, thank you so much for all the lovely comments, I'm blushing! And for the congrats on my defense - it was a particularly long road to get there and it's still sinking in. I would really encourage anyone who has/likes this pattern to try it out. Just don't do it in a rush, but take your time with the steps. It's not easy, but it is very rewarding. I can also not stress enough the importance of muslining the jacket first to get the fit right before cutting your fabric.
Michele Lommasson said... (5/11/10 9:25 PM) Reply
Your suit is wonderful, very impressive. Congratulations on the successful defense of your thesis.
blessedtosew said... (5/11/10 9:16 PM) Reply
That suit is absolutely, positively STUNNING!!!! I have that pattern and has almost decided not to sew it, but you have made me definitely want to.
TJSEWS said... (5/11/10 9:08 PM) Reply
I really don't know what to say. I love everything about your suit. The color. The detailing. You are meticulous and so very talented. Wow!
sew2little said... (5/11/10 8:43 PM) Reply
Your skill is so apparent in this beautiful jacket, but when I went to your website, I was in awe. No wonder your handwork is so exquisite. I can only guess that your defense went well--as you are so very talented.
clgangi said... (5/11/10 8:26 PM) Reply
amy in mpls said... (5/11/10 7:47 PM) Reply
im in love with your suit!!! wow, super impressive, you look gorgeous!
Knitters Delight said... (5/11/10 7:26 PM) Reply
Fabulous work! You are rocking that suit!
sewbehind said... (5/11/10 7:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful. Congratulations on both the suit and the thesis. Well done.
JanieBee said... (5/11/10 7:12 PM) Reply
Very smart!
nglalala said... (5/11/10 6:35 PM) Reply
Wow! I love this pattern pattern since it first came out and have been intimidated by the advance rating. You're so awesome!
MissCelie said... (5/11/10 5:21 PM) Reply
Ummm. Ok. I'm speeechless. This is just jaw dropping. I told myself this year that there was no point in making a suit because it was never going to look good. Yet, here you are making this really amazing ensemble.
PhoebeMade said... (5/11/10 4:51 PM) Reply
This is amazing! Beautiful work.
Erica B. said... (5/11/10 4:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love your topstitching! I hope your thesis defense went well!
Sweetiebop said... (5/11/10 4:34 PM) Reply
Wonderful SUIT.
Jeannine1976 said... (5/11/10 4:26 PM) Reply
Wow. It's absolutely stunning. I can't get over the detail. Your thesis didn't NEED a defense with a suit like that, but I'm glad you did so well anyhow! :)

by: marusya gr...