Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6065 (Children's/Girls' Tops, Dresse)

Reviewed by:Lucilla

About Lucilla
Member since: 1/22/07

Posted on:5/12/10 2:46 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
Cheryl25 said... (6/8/12 9:11 PM) Reply
Glad I'm not the only one! I have been struggling with the shoulder seams all day! They don't seem to match in size from front to back either. I think this will be set aside for now!
treesaf said... (4/17/12 8:24 PM) Reply
I don't see any zipper or buttons used, but the yoke looks fairly fitted to me. Do you think it will be tough to put on? I was thinking of using a zipper under the arm.... I'm hoping the top isn't too loose bc my GD can't stand things slipping down her shoulders. Thanks for the review.
jenleeC said... (8/16/11 10:34 AM) Reply
Do you have any photos of your granddaughter in this dress? I have this pattern in mind for my daughter and would love to see some pics! The technique you need for the shoulder seams is called an "all-in-one facing". There is a tutorial on Burda Style for this. It is a bit confusing at first but once you master this technique you will never use any other method!
Snoo said... (9/5/10 11:17 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I'll be extra careful when lining the bodice. I'd love to see a photo of the finished dress. Maybe you can get one and post it ? Did you finish the coordinating shorts ?

Jamie Christina Lark Paper Pattern