Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8590 (TOTES AND DOUBLE BAGS)

Reviewed by:Fran S

About Fran Sstar
NH USA
Member since: 6/15/09
Posted on:5/12/10 10:07 AM

See other patterns in this category: Accessories

Sweater knit fabrics

Cultured Purl said... (5/15/10 10:49 AM) Reply
Just bought this pattern yesterday due to yours and Patti B's review! I will be doing mine in silk dupioni but will make a smaller bag ( view C) in fabrics pretty close to the picture I looked on your blog and what you have sewn ~ I am a returning seamstress myself ! Going to add you on my list of "favorites"!
Catbird said... (5/13/10 8:37 PM) Reply
I love the way this turned out. The silk was such a perfect choice and your work looks flawless. I want one!!
JodieT said... (5/13/10 10:26 AM) Reply
Your bag is fabulous! You plaid silk duponi works beautfiully and your sewing is fabulous. I have this pattern, and now want to get with it and sew something up. Thank you for review.
fashionablysew said... (5/13/10 10:05 AM) Reply
This is a very professional chic bag. I love the colors you chose. It looks great! I have this pattern, but have not made it yet. This inspires me to find some fabric and make one. Thanks.
sfshaza said... (5/12/10 1:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful bag! I have this pattern as well, and I love yours in the plaid silk duppioni. Just gorgeous!
marec said... (5/12/10 11:16 AM) Reply
It is so professional looking, and beautiful. Have you seen the book "Bags with Style"? You have such talent and attention to detail and so have made a gorgeous bag.
Fran S said... (5/12/10 11:05 AM) Reply
I like the size Patti. The canvas on the bottom is 13x4.5 so it's pretty roomy (I made the smaller one). I can throw in a wallet, checkbook, glasses, phone and still have room. I'm experimenting with the bottom. I just added some timtex as well and put in a heavy wallet and it seems to be holding shape very well. I don't like when the bottom of a fabric bag distorts at all when filled with heavy things.
Fran S said... (5/12/10 11:03 AM) Reply
Patti B said... (5/12/10 10:48 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous in the silk. Very nice! How do you like the size for a purse?
psgates said... (5/12/10 10:17 AM) Reply