Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5592

Member since: 4/28/10
Posted on:5/13/10 4:24 AM
Last Updated:5/14/10 11:50 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

SoVintage said... (5/19/10 1:36 PM) Reply
Love the new Straigt Let version
JustTrina said... (5/15/10 10:20 AM) Reply
really cute jeans!
MNBarb said... (5/15/10 7:49 AM) Reply
Glad you found a fix for your jeans after all of your hard work. I did the same thing with some wide-leg pants after deciding they made my legs look like tree trunks. I have some denim waiting to be cut so thanks for another review of jeans that worked and are stylish.
snuzal said... (5/15/10 2:17 AM) Reply
Woohoooo!!! They look wonderful. I really like them on, great idea to use the other pattern as a guide. Very very nice :D
homejewel said... (5/15/10 1:30 AM) Reply
WOO-HOO - Yeah!! that's the way to fix them! So glad you can feel good about wearing them after all of that work you did.
lynne1nor said... (5/14/10 1:18 PM) Reply
Cute embroidery on the pockets! Sorry the style didn't work for you, but nice to hear that the fit was good!
Mazzygirl said... (5/14/10 3:15 AM) Reply
have put them aside for now to ponder their future! when I'm ready I'll attack them with pins & see what we come up with - stay tuned!
becca a said... (5/13/10 6:24 PM) Reply
Your pockets are beautiful and so is your top stitching. Could you save these jeans by taking in the side seams (both inseam and outseam) to get a boot leg shape? They look worth saving if you can.
homejewel said... (5/13/10 6:14 PM) Reply
Oh - RadarRadiance has a great idea - I sure hope you can find a solution so you can wear your amazing jeans.
RadarRadiance said... (5/13/10 5:15 PM) Reply
You put so much work into these jeans and they look so cute especially with those cute designs and all the top stitch. Could you make them into shorts or just below the knee to like them better on you? They really are cute pants!
crazycurlgirl said... (5/13/10 4:09 PM) Reply
Wow! kewl machine embroidery! I know what you mean about wide legged jeans, Trinny and Susannah say we can wear them but I always feel like an elephant in them.
Mazzygirl said... (5/13/10 4:03 PM) Reply
the photo link is working now ;)
homejewel said... (5/13/10 2:32 PM) Reply
Hmm, great for tall people, huh? That would be me. Can you pls put another link for pictures up. I'm really wanting to see your jeans - from what I can see - - I'm very impressed. You are a sewing MACHINE!!! I can't believe how many patterns you have put up lately. So great!! Edited to add: THANK YOU!! They look great - I can't believe how wonderful the back pockets look. Great job :)
snuzal said... (5/13/10 1:43 PM) Reply
I can't view the picture :( but the pockets look absolutely gorgeous. I quite like wide legs, so may consider this pattern.
ClaireEmily said... (5/13/10 5:45 AM) Reply
Your pockets look fab! It's a pity the style was not for you.

Serendipity Studio 129