Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 8913

OR USA
Member since: 7/30/09
Posted on:5/15/10 11:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
Aroura said... (5/22/10 0:40 AM) Reply
Room2ndfloor Thank you for the link! I agree, a true great kilt is not something you can fake! The reason he opted out was because we tried it at an event with the purchased fabric...haha. That took too long to get him dressed, and he's lazy at events. He's really an full blooded Irishman, and PROUD of that fact, so the trouble really wasn't worth it to him. He just wanted something easy to wear, and this serves that purpose, and still looks pretty good.
room2ndfloor said... (5/17/10 9:15 PM) Reply
The full 9 yards or so on a man's kilt is what gives the characteristic swing. There's no substitute. There's quite a discussion on the "X Marks the Scot" forum. ://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f99/kilt-making-instructions-online-13629/
dfr2010 said... (5/16/10 11:40 AM) Reply
I ask because the only good page I've found is Lady Drea's (ElizabethanCostume.net) and she doesn't do kilts. I'm wondering what's good for kilt pleating on teh intrawebz, as I have this pattern also!
Aroura said... (5/16/10 10:42 AM) Reply
No I haven't, or I would have fixed it up a bit better. I did read an article from a member here, on her blog, but I am such a beginner still, I didn't understand about half the terminology in the article. But thank you, I am trying :)
Trephas2003 said... (5/16/10 9:29 AM) Reply
It looks great!
dfr2010 said... (5/16/10 7:55 AM) Reply
Have you found any good resources on pleating, especially in regards to kilts?

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS
Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB300

by: susandf

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122

by: popo

Christine Jonson Wrap Top

Christine Jonson Wrap Top

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)