Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 2818 (Tops)

Reviewed by:tholtz

About tholtzstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 3/29/10
Posted on:5/15/10 10:17 PM
Last Updated:5/15/10 10:36 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

azjune said... (8/6/11 9:55 AM) Reply
marec, I bought this pattern yesterday. Did you have the sew along? If so, is it summarized anywhere that I could go look at it? Thank you all for sharing!
azjune said... (8/6/11 9:52 AM) Reply
jbrewer, Thanks for the tips on the V. I made a top last night from a different pattern, but had the same problem as tholtz did with the fabric bunching at the base of the V.
tholtz said... (7/11/10 8:11 AM) Reply
Hi marec, Yes, I just might! I just purchased a gorgeous cotton silk mix in a pink and green water colour and I've been looking for a top pattern to make with it. THANKS!
marec said... (7/11/10 0:47 AM) Reply
Do you want to try this one again with us in the sew along? Your top is cute, and I hope you snipped a little like jbrewer suggested.
jbrewer said... (5/16/10 9:35 AM) Reply
I have often looked at this patten, but I never tried it. You're brave for drawing in your own V at the neck. The shape of it looks good to me. The only thing you need to do is to trim the seam allowance at the point of the V better. There is too much fabric trying to get into a small space. Turn the neck facing back inside out. With sharp scissors, make a clip through the seam allowance right up to the stitch line of your V point, being careful not to cut the stitching itself. Turn it right side out again and press it flat. You may have a smoother V shape. I look forward to seeing your next top from this pattern!

by: Eli cat

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

by: mm