Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6838 (Pants and Tops)

Reviewed by:wildhoney269

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Loungewear

Other Projects by wildhoney269 using this Pattern

Laurenstu said... (7/2/12 1:49 PM) Reply
I am in the process of making these too, but I'm just cutting them to shorts length. I'm glad I read this review first, because I would have gone with the extra large based on my hip measurements too, but because I saw that you had noted the pattern being huge, I went down to a medium. I'm also cheating and just doing an elastic waistband vs the drawstring. We'll see how it goes, but thanks for saving me a LOT of alterations!! :D
AnneM said... (4/19/04 7:16 PM) Reply
Yup, those qualify as lounge pants - they look very comfortable, even though you are floating in them. Leslie, great hint & explanation on determine prefered ease.
sweets said... (4/19/04 2:23 PM) Reply
I agree, this is a very easy pattern to sew, but you have to be careful with the sizing. I actually made 3 of them because I'm not good at alterations. I actually got the best fit on the first one, although its a little big in the bust area. I'll just put on a jacket and look cute anyway.
Leslie in Austin said... (4/19/04 1:57 PM) Reply
You've hit on one of my biggest pet peeves, WildHoney: excessive built-in ease. I'll pass on a hint that was shared with me. You can estimate the amount of ease you need/prefer by trying on a pair of similar pair of RTW pants with a fit you like. Pinch out and measure the amount of ease in the RTW pants. Then, pick the pattern size that has the finished garment measurements (or flat pattern measurements) equalling your body measurements + your preferred amount of ease. Keep in mind, the amount of ease you want will differ from garment to garment. All that said, I *love* the fabric you chose. Very pretty. Is that a self-fabric drawstring?
SandraB said... (4/19/04 1:06 PM) Reply
Great review. This looks like a really comfortable pair of pants.
Hilary said... (4/19/04 12:46 PM) Reply
Looks like you did a good job, and the fabric is really pretty! I have the same trouble sometimes; I made a shirt recently by my measurements and ended up w/ a huge top~went down 2 sizes and it fit fine! thanks for the review :o)

StyleArc Claudia Stretch Woven Pant